Note to New Members ×

New f2 Silberpfeil with Titanal?

groovastic

... Is it really Titanium, not Titanal as most others use? ...

It's really Titanal... not titanium. Same with the bindings... Race Titanium is actually Titanal.

... I hear Silberpfeils are quite soft, and I'd like a good board for rather agressive carving. ...

"Quite soft" is subjective to the rider's view point. Here's another point of view, supported by data we've collected. For the past 3 seasons the Silberpfeil has been substantially stiffer (when measured with a static load) than the Speedster RS boards of similar lengths. Is it a good "aggressive" carving board? Yes, if you want something narrow and (depending on length) suitable for a 95+ kg rider. We sell plenty of this model and many riders love them.

Keep in mind that the Silberpfeil is NOT a full Titanal construction but rather a winged "V-qualizer" type of system. If you look closely at the top surface of the Silberpfeil you will see the location of the metal.

For full Titanal construction you'll need to look at the WC series of Speedster RS and SL.

I have a complete set (149 - 185) Oxygen Protons for this season... yes, they too have Titanal, NOT titanium.

I have gotten word, but not proof, that the Protons are manufactured in the same facility that makes the F2 boards. The Titanal wings are very similar in design.

I can only imagine that previous year Proton boards are also Titanal.