Note to New Members ×

BTS spring recommendations, please.

snovvman

I've read some threads and BTS spring descriptions, but nothing is specifically quantifiable.

I am ~180 lbs., 6', ride both soft and hard boots (324). My soft boots are set up to be fairly stiff. My riding style is mostly freecarve but like the support when I go toe side.

I found the five-position mechanism to be too stiff when locked, and too soft when in walk mode (especially on toe side).

For my weight and riding style, should I go with yellows or blues, or a combination?

Many thanks.

I'd recommend getting a full set of each and playing around. I am 190, and have my Track 700's set up with blue all around. My old boots, Suzukas, also have BTS on them and are set up with yellow all around. This pair will probably only see action aboard my Tanker 192 on deep, deep pow days when I can get there for 1st chair.

I weigh 185 and am using blue springs on the top and red on the bottom as I don't want the boot to flex backwards during a heelside carve. This is on the Susaka boot. There is a lot of range of adjustment with this system from lots of foward movement to hardly any depending on how it is set up. You can also adjust foward lean as well. This year I am going to ride hardboots on groomed snow only and soft everwhere else as I am liking a soft setup for all mountain and powder. I think the blue springs are soft enough for me since I will not be riding off piste with hardboots any more. I like the rear foot softer than the front. It is not a good idea to ride in walk mode as you can break your boots! Sounds like BTS would work well for you.

Blue springs would good for your weight freecarving if you are on a budget. I am 170# and started out with 100% yellow springs, then evolved into various combinations of yellow, blue and red. Just changed the top springs last night. It would be real difficult to go back to a five position adjustment system.