Note to New Members ×

warning: metal priors

bobdea

can be polished up real nice, the thing is that it takes allot of work.

my reference was literally to the stainless "safety" mirrors you see in the rougher high schools, prisons and metal wards.

Stainless is WAY more resistant to etching though.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to add to this post...

I'd like to know if the snow sticks to the surface on your polished beautiful boards more or less than the traditional board tops. Or possibly no difference.

Good job all of you that took the time to make your prize more of a prize.:biggthump

Actually I worked pretty hard to try to keep the snow off of my board because I had spent to much 'damn' time on the polish. Tried a couple of waxes and nothing seemed to make any difference in the warmer spells. However, when its cold, the non-waxed but highly polished surface of my WCR repells snow. As long as the snow was not melting! During the cold spell we had here in PA last weekend, all of the snow slid right off of my board (4 days worth of riding). On the other hand my non-polished nidecker board seemed to collect the usuall amount of snow. I had them both out on the same day and the difference could not have been more plain.

I have not been able to keep melting snow from sticking to any of my boards.

Rich S.

• 2 weeks later...