Note to New Members ×

Hardboot shop near Park City?

MrClean

Just contact Dave, ( Dave @hardbooter.com ) He is more then happy to size boots with you. He is in salt lake as is our storage area. We both bring gear to clients in PC all the time.

I think there are only 4 brick and mortor hardboot shops in the country?

1 in NH

1 in VT

2 in C0.

Dennis (salty peaks owner) tried to sell us his left over burton hardboot gear at one point. It was at the same time he was raping people for NOS Burton race plates for 279.00 on e-bay. Based on that info I refused to purchase it from him. He may still have bindings and boards. I'll never purchase from his shop again. I even bought 2 sets of race plates when making the switch from bombers to a more suple binding for metal boards. Then when I got home and notice several parts missing it was a huge ordeal to get a complete set, His manager on duty told me I was wrong about what the bindings came with, even when I showed him the parts list printed by burton in the box he still continued to tell me the bindings were complete (they where missing the stiffer rupper pads that I use) and refused to take the bindings back or replace them with a complete set. I had to sell them to a light weight rider since with out the part they where usless to me, at a huge loss. Just recently, he was selling libtech Banana Hammocks for over 700 ( in his shop, they claimed they where unavalble nation wide and out of stock at LT hence the huge mark up) when the retail is so much less. I went to Lib Tech and got two for 250each 40 minutes later. I like to think he is a nice person who has done some stuff locally for snowboarding. But he is a well known for his outlandish e-bay practices, and sudo scams. and also for price gouging.

Just my personal experance...

Thanks for the heads up about salty's. Was told to check there for some rental stuff. Going on a trip there next month and had a friend that wanted to try hardboots out. Unfortunatly his feet are much larger than mine so I have no stick or boots that would fit him.

E-mail Dave. Hardbooter has a demo fleet.

There are lots of rental places. Salty may be a great rental spot I have no rental experance there. Only my listed experance.

Bordy, how are those bananas?

I've heard from a couple park rats that they're hot **** but I've not talk with anyone that's ridden them that's also been on boards that really hook up well and rip.

I've been riding the Banana Hammock while kiting it is super sick to kite with and OK for its purpose in pow as a snowboard. It makes riding both ways in pow feel the same. And landing in both directions is soild. But there are so many great pow boards that work great in only one direction that the whole time I was dissaponted with the ride compared to a nice pow stick. The Idea is sick Its just like the spachula ski, reverse camber and reverse side cut. How ever it still feels like you really need to ride your back foot. Sick under the kite, weak under gravity. I think the camber Idea could be used with better shapes, There are secert skiis out there that have used this tech for a bit now.

The park board is the skate banana and it has magna traction, and reverse camber, ( I think) havent even seen one or riden it?

Dennis (salty peaks owner) ......... Just recently, he was selling libtech Banana Hammocks for over 700 ( in his shop, they claimed they where unavalble nation wide and out of stock at LT hence the huge mark up) when the retail is so much less. I went to Lib Tech and got two for 250each 40 minutes later. I like to think he is a nice person who has done some stuff locally for snowboarding. But he is a well known for his outlandish e-bay practices, and sudo scams. and also for price gouging.

Just my personal experance...

Are you sure Lib Techs are that cheap, $250.00. Even the snowskate from Mervin is a lot more than $250.00 retail. Are you confusing your wholesale pricing and industry connection, in order to to slam Dennis?

I think some clarification is in order here. I am not defending Dennis but nothing is wrong with his pricing in a free market economy, as you have no idea his overhead cost. In addition, he has Milo Sports, down the road, to content with.

Is price gouging unAmerican? I say not, just look at Enron, Exxon-Mobil and you see that price gouging is totally American.

Now on the race plate, did you check the contents before you left his store?

If you did not, then you expect his manager to just believe your word, knowing that there are scamming customers out there including shop lifters. Note that these groups contribute to increased cost of doing business.

is a world class *******, Bordy probably got the pro rate but what he was saying is the guy was charging well over SGR in shop and making up a story to justify it. I'm assuming the retail on the hammock is 500ish

the basic assumption on the race plates would be that they would come with everything or they'd be marked as missing parts.

if you bought a car, got home and then opened the trunk and the spare was not in it then it got dark and there were no lights would you not be pissed?

Just contact Dave, ( Dave @hardbooter.com ) He is more then happy to size boots with you. He is in salt lake as is our storage area. We both bring gear to clients in PC all the time.

I think there are only 4 brick and mortor hardboot shops in the country?

1 in NH

1 in VT

2 in C0.

Billy - which hardboot brick-and-mortar store in NH are you referring to? I make it up there not infrequently and it may prove handy to know about it.

My spellcheck things "hardboot" should be "harlot". I wish I could find me a hardbootin' harlot.