Note to New Members ×

Burton Safari identification help

pow2Corderoy

hold UP, did someone just say "shreddin" ???

Wish I still had that "jack jumper" my dad got us for christmas '73.

Rick, this is from sugarbush, cool toy

and now for some drunken foolishniss.....

http://www.timesargus.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060226/NEWS/602260323/101

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6NqH4_3cE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQ6NqH4_3cE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

post-123-141842245469_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check this out, someone scanned all the Burton catalogs from 79 to 85 and put them on a CD in .pdf format. This is a great idea but not worth $50.

Maybe Derf or someone else could do this and sell them for less. Burn multiple copies sell more for less and make a few bucks. Or we could buy this one and copy it. :eplus2:

Catalogs

Guest droppinIn87

Here are some pics of the 210 safari I have. I looked closely and there is a name written at the bottom (thanks williamblake.) It says "Big Wayne Gagnon" and there is a "transworld" written in the middle there are also some old oakley stickers and what appears to be the fantastic 4 symbol, and a half arm holding a skull, haha I dunno, but its cool stuff. I recieved this board when I went to a party at this guys house in my hometown. We were drinking in his garage and I noticed the board among the rafters. I didn't know anything about snowboarding at the time, I just thought it looked cool. So after lookin it over I told him I would trade him a six pack for it. He said no one in his family snowboarded and he had no clue where it came from and thought he was screwing me out of beer so he let me keep three of the beers haha. Well the board hung out under my bed till college then I hung it up in my dorm room. Then right before moving out after two years in the dorms, my friend who knew way more about snowboarding told me it might be worth something. I didn't think anything of it and then last year I was looking at some snowboarding pics and noticed a similar board. And since then it has been a fascinating investigation so far and this forum has been the biggest help so far Thanks!

post-6727-14184224594_thumb.jpg

post-6727-141842245944_thumb.jpg

post-6727-141842245947_thumb.jpg

Randy- I'll kick in $10.00 toward your purchase of same, with the understanding that you'll post the contents here.

If 4 more posters do this, you get the CD for free,a nd we all get to enjoy it's contents. It can't really be copyrighted, etc., as it's archaic advertising material.

Anyone else in?

WB

WB, I bought the CD so I will see what it will take to post on here once I get it.

Anyone else interested? I can also look into making copies.

• 14 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/4/2022 at 10:12 PM, Jana said:

Resurrecting the Safari, want to go retro and ride with my son. Just got him the chopper Safari 110 and still have mine in the garage. Need to find bindings because mine are degraded… any suggestions??

Barring finding old bindings for sale that are usable (any five-hole Burton softboot bindings will probably crumble in your hands), and barring t-nuts, you'll need adapters.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/144402737642

17 hours ago, Jack M said:

go retro

On 11/4/2022 at 7:12 PM, Jana said:

Resurrecting the Safari, want to go retro

If your going retro here's a 88?' Safari and the 80's wardrobe to die for!   Or die to be seen in it!

You too could look this Cool.........or Foolish!

What was I thinking! :eek:BurtonS.jpg.0882b1e59a3091d55373c6e50a98c5f8.jpg 

Edited by barryj