Note to New Members ×

Kessler 162 Slalom Board

SpeedracerJVB

Thx wavechaser, I pretty much thought it would require more "focused" riding. And you said it I dont race, thats pretty much my only concern, I'd like to join a race club but I doubt I have what it takes to be successfull, at 22 yrs old I dont think I can do it (too late?) Also with the fact I've been riding far less than I would want.. not even 20 days of riding per year, not very good ! lol Im riding more and more these days, but I definitly would want a board with better hold and stiffness than my burton.. Since I didnt try any other race boards I cant really settle on what to choose, I still dream of getting a kessler, I would have the $$ to buy it, but would it be worth it ? I would probably take away someone opportunity to use it for better purposes than mine

Louis, Bordy knows even more about these boards than I do, so what he says you can bank on.

As far as "too late" at 22 years old...NEVER! Maybe if your goal is the US Team, but at 22 anything is possible. I'm 45 and just won the SL and Alpine Overall in the 40-49 age group at the USASA Nationals last year, on a 5 year old board Bordy reccommended to me - one of Chris Klugs old Burton "race stock" stix. Plenty of good racing in the USASA age groups for riders whose goal isn't the World Cup.

As far as "stock" boards - the F2 Speedster SL is really good.

If you skateboard at all, there is a really good skate slalom race scene in Montreal and Canada in general - I'll be up there plenty next summer. It will improve your snowboarding and racing and keep you carving and in shape over the summer months, and is less expensive (to a point) than snowboard racing.

Good Luck! :biggthump

I ****ing love you Billy. You kill me man, hey, get off the kite and let's hit up PCMR, snow has been killer. Need to make some fancy risers for my BX ride, don't have a belt sander, need to cant em. Let's get together, drink some beer and make some stupid plastic ****.

Louis, bro, you are 22, not 55. Not sure where the self doubt is coming from but you need to fold that **** up, place it in a box and burn it. I will say this, and I am not trying to pull a Lance Armstrong here but kill that ****ing coward within and go chase your dreams, whatever they are, it doesn't matter, go after them with everything you have because you only get one shot at this crazy life and I can't imagine anything worse than waking up at 60 and wishing that I had given my dreams a shot. It's not about being the fastest snowboarder in the world, of course that would be pretty rad but it's about the ride, it's about going after it and trust me you are not old, not even close.

Anyone with the financial means to aquire a Kessler will benefit from it. Fact. Not to bite Alexa but it will change your life and that's no exaggeration. If you don't have the means then you should make do with what you have and make the absolute most of it, I believe in that but I assure you all that regardless of your ability/competition level you will be a better snowboarder for having gone to Kessler. I would say that the decision of whether or not to get Hangle Plates does in fact comes down to ability level and of course your current physical conditioning but I would happily free ride any Kessler with or without plates cause they are just gooood.

As for this particular board being custom, that is a good thing if your physical description is reasonably close to mine because you would be getting a custom Kessler for a killer deal. I would not sell this board to anyone who isn't relatively close, physically speaking because that wouldn't be doing the right thing and I believe in doing the right thing.

I couln't have imagined that this little Kessler board would cause such a stink. Peace out people.

Louis, bro, you are 22, not 55. Not sure where the self doubt is coming from but you need to fold that **** up, place it in a box and burn it. I will say this, and I am not trying to pull a Lance Armstrong here but kill that ****ing coward within and go chase your dreams, whatever they are, it doesn't matter, go after them with everything you have because you only get one shot at this crazy life and I can't imagine anything worse than waking up at 60 and wishing that I had given my dreams a shot. It's not about being the fastest snowboarder in the world, of course that would be pretty rad but it's about the ride, it's about going after it and trust me you are not old, not even close.

I couln't have imagined that this little Kessler board would cause such a stink. Peace out people.

Amen to that!

If I could go back to 22 when I thought it was too late to achieve some dreams I would do it armed with the knowledge that it is the perfect age to jump in wholeheartedly focused! I know now that it was the age I had the strength and stamina and the the first signs of enough maturity to achieve whatever I wanted.Instead, I dragged my feet into some things thinking I might already be too late.I eventually augmented my goals and achieved many of them;but dreams are a different animal and require a real belief in one's ability from the start.Now I get to watch my kids achieve whatever their dreams may be, and God willing,I will be there all the way to encourage them to go for it . So, like everybody else said,get started,buy the board,and use it like the top level tool it is!

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone with the financial means to aquire a Kessler will benefit from it. Fact. Not to bite Alexa but it will change your life and that's no exaggeration. If you don't have the means then you should make do with what you have and make the absolute most of it, I believe in that but I assure you all that regardless of your ability/competition level you will be a better snowboarder for having gone to Kessler. I would say that the decision of whether or not to get Hangle Plates does in fact comes down to ability level and of course your current physical conditioning but I would happily free ride any Kessler with or without plates cause they are just gooood.

I hope this board has sold because the temptation is hard to resist. I picked up a race stock Kessler 185 as a freecarve board at the end of last season and all I can say is "WOW." The quietness of the ride lets you carve aggressively in terrain and snow conditions that would have me putting on the brakes on my other boards. Plus, your legs last longer because they're not absorbing every bump and rut. A shorter board like this one would be a phenomenal ride on tighter trails.

I think?

kurt,

you're waaaay too big for that lil brittle board.:rolleyes:

You'll have to ride her like a vestal virgin.:o

might I suggest....something a bit longer, sir

http://cgi.ebay.com/KESSLER-GS-Alpine-Race-Racing-Carve-Carving-Snowboard_W0QQitemZ180207287316QQihZ008QQcategoryZ21250QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

if there was a BOL Hall o Fame, this thread would qualify.