Note to New Members ×

Madd 170 vs Swoard?

Guest Hotmop

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kipstar,

If you didn't mean to post in this nearly 3 year old thread, let me know where you meant to post and I can move your post and all the posts after yours to the right thread.

happy new year Jack. Well spotted; actually this thread was reference in another thread, so I reread it, and after the benefit of 2 years of time, it seems like the insults and sniping are just funny rather than mean. Looks to me like a good reminder that even though we sometime get at eachother, we are all friends (just like Rodney King and LA PD :-) Ok, maybe not quite like that, maybe er, like the pro wrestlers who talk all tough, but then go out for beer after wards.

I quess i didnt look at dates. The tread was right in the front. I meant to post it there i just didnt realize how old it was.

Hmmmm just realised myself that the thread is an old one....

Gotta love the dirty talk!!!

Kinda makes me want to start a Knees together or apart thread again!!!

just kidding everyone.... really....:o

willywhit got on swoailer tonight, he loves it

the thing has quite the nose on it, reminds me of the old avalanch patrols (obscure jib decks from the mid '90s)

at some point I wanna ride it.

Bob, after you left I cranked up the angles and took a few runs. I see what you meant about feeling sketchy on the rutted ice.Good session tho.

Yesterday, I broke out the Madd 170 after a few runs on the Coiler. dano was having trouble on the Burton Coil he just got but ironically be went from pissed to bliss when he started riding the new spoony F2 176.

SO...the Madd was ...not fun. I think it was the hard frozen stuff underneath the loose granular and my trepidation about committing to a real carve at speed.I kept thinking busted shoulder or just carnage in general if I high sided or something. My back leg was getting smoked and after 2 runs had to get back on the Coiler.

Madds really need the right pitch, the right snow, etc to be ridden well. I remember riding a demo for an hour at sugarloaf with Pnut on his Axxess and having a great time on the Madd but yesterday was just the opposite.

Funny how the right gear can mean the difference in having a blast high speed cruising or just cursing all day.

Bob's right, the nose on the Coiler is really blunt and looks more the tail of a board. You can see it , sort of, in this pic.

post-123-141842223796_thumb.jpg