Note to New Members ×

Conformable Foam Injection Bladders

Silver Bullet

I had a chance last weekend to try out the new boot liners that Surefoot in Park City set me up with. I picked a pair up because I bruised my heal last season packing out the heat moldable liners that came with the Deeluxe boots. Heal pain still persists when bumped 8 mos later. This is what I found:

1. Warm feet

2. Very comfortable toe box.

3. Heel stays in place.

4. No need to over tighten boots - probably related to warm feet.

5. Very Responsive carving on hard snow - confident feet.

6. No heal pain.

I'm also riding blue BTS and a 3 strap Booster.

If anyone is having feet trouble, check out this setup.

sj

I do not recall exactly how much. They were in the $250-$300 range.

Oh, I forgot a point in my initial post.

7. No ankle irritation from the Intec heal release strap.

Yeah I been riding these for years and preaching that you don't have to have foot pain to snowboard. To me much, much, better than the older thermoflex that I tried with much more support. Which shells are you running.

I used to run zip fits and loved them even though they wore out after about two seasons (200+ days). then they switched to cork crap in their injection stuff and they kind of sucked and packed out quick and delammed inside. Nothing has broken down in the conformable after 250+ days. :biggthump

I'm riding the Suzuka shell.

The conformable feels harder than a thermoflex and sliding the foot in and out feels awkward because of the contours formed around the ankle. However, once they are on they fit like a glove.

Filling with foam was a bit of a challenge for the technician who had not done Deeluxe shells, but he figured out where to put all the tubes and the process turned out fine the first time.

The foot comfort is second to none. I used to get foot cramps from the thermo liner with an orthotic. Now it feels like carving in Birkenstocks;-)

I'm riding the Suzuka shell.

The conformable feels harder than a thermoflex and sliding the foot in and out feels awkward because of the contours formed around the ankle. However, once they are on they fit like a glove.

Filling with foam was a bit of a challenge for the technician who had not done Deeluxe shells, but he figured out where to put all the tubes and the process turned out fine the first time.

The foot comfort is second to none. I used to get foot cramps from the thermo liner with an orthotic. Now it feels like carving in Birkenstocks;-)

Ditto that. Especially the getting on and off. So, so worth it though.

If you're coming to SES there is a Surefoot at the base of one of the mountains. I believe it's Snowmass?

There used to be one in Taos but they apparently closed.

Also FYI they are not exclusive to Surefoot. Not that I have anything against surefoot. I got mine at the mtn base area boot fit shop and I know that Precision boot in Warm Springs ( Sun Valley ) used to carry them as well.

Lonerider will be so happy to hear this. He's ordered a set to work with his skinny ankles.
Indeed I am. My pair arrived yesterday at the shop. I hope to get them fitted in a week and then ride them after the holidays (I typically avoid the mountains because of the crowds). Here's to hoping that finally I'll have a pair of comfortable, responsive hardboots.

:1luvu: