Note to New Members ×

Stratton...

Paulk

I so hated driving home yesterday knowing what tomorrow would bring after that fresh snow was groomed in....but alas I am just a lowly weekend warrior, such is my lot in life...I'm a bit distracted at work today

see you kids soon and Paul K - thanks again for the advice and the 3 degree disk. I have one on order.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

So what's the story. Stratton reports wet/variable, Okemo reports packed powder. Why do I feel Okemo is lying. Looks to me like everything above Rt 4 was snow. Stowe and Jay are reporting over a foot in the past 48 hours.

What's the real story down south?

Well it was pouring rain, sleet and ice when went to bed at 11:30 last night. This mourning we had 3-4" of snow that was much drier then I thought it would be. It has snowed all morning and there are still flurries.

Steph was out this morning and just quit and is on her way home. She said it was actually really good. Looks like if they groom it good tomorrow could 1st rate.

I will let Steph give the details later.

Alex

Ok, so I just got back from a day on two planks (no flaming please). The conditions at Stratton are good today. They've probably got a real 4-5" of fresh on the ground and more falling. After they groom it tonight, it will be heavenly carving conditions tomorrow.

Cliff, if you are thinking of taking a day to come up, I don't think you will be disappointed. Maybe we'll see you tomorrow.

Well it rained hard yesterday and last night, so everything was fully soaked. Then during the night it froze solid. Everything around the house is asphalt. I didn't go out today because it was going to be ground up frozen granular. I cant confirm how good it was, but I suspect it was not great.

If they do some good grooming it will probably be good for the first few hours each morning. It will be prety granular though.

Cliff - As for the snow conditions, in my yard the snow is like asphalt. I would guess that the mountain is a beautiful surface of frozen granular. I didn't see the need to go out today! Tonight is supposed to be single digits, with lots of wind. Mmmmm...tomorrow should be just as crappy

Conditions yesterday were marginal - most of the mountain had nice grooming in the morning with a few areas of obvious blue/brown ice. The afternoon was a little better for riding with a bit of corn, but you had to stick to the edges of the trails as the middles were sheet ice.

The woods were just dangerous. 3" of ice on top of 1' of granular...not advised.

Today should be gaperific. It's 7:18 and I'm looking out the window at truckload after truckload of Bogner clad skiers on 140-150cm skis assault the parking lot. It's 4 degrees outside and I'm taking the day off. Tomorrow and Monday should be nice but there is a chance of rain in Sunday evening, so tomorow is the best bet.

Anyone around ? yesterday was the first time in years I haven't seen a single other carver...

Gonna be at Stratton from the 18th-23rd, black/white/red prior wcr, all grey suit and totally blacked out face!

Would love to learn from some experienced riders.

On my way up to Stratton now - I'll be out on sat and Sunday. Red Donek FCII, silver firefighters pants, black jacket and white helmet. I'll be rocking out to the iPod (so totally deaf) but ill have my phone on vibrate so call me if you want to ride 917.776.8286.

• 4 weeks later...