Note to New Members ×

Hardboots and Tankers

davekempmeister

Sorry to revive and old thread. i have a quick question.

I have noticed that Tankers seem to be a popular board on this forum. i was thinking of picking one up to use for some all mountain and powder riding.

Is there much danger of damaging the board riding TD2s on it?

I'm fairly heavy (225lbs) so I would worry about being hard on the board.

Jon: I've been riding my Tanker 200 with TD2's for several seasons now. I'm in your weight range and haven't had a problem with using them together on groomers or in powder. Tankers are great boards and I'm sure the 'new school' ideas applied to them make them even more playful in the powder. Good luck.

Mark

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Recently, there were few broken Tankers, using TD2s. I think the tread is called "Is this fixable?" or "Is this worh fixing?".

I tried the 192 with TD2s and it was fine. However, I much prefer the feel of softer binding, like Snowpro/F2/Blax/Burton, on the Tanker and every freeride/pow board. Flexier binding is beneficial for more subtle movements required for pow and more forgivness required for bumps. Also, it gives me the comfort of the load point being closer to the edge of the board, reducing the chance of longitudinal delam of the core.

From last season I started playing with Palmer Power Plates or Burton Risers under the bindings and it works great. Puts the presure right on the edge, increases the contact surface, adds leverage and a bit of damping.

On a lot of factors. If you ride it like an All-mountain board that will carve some, you'll probably be ok. Newer boards will be more suceptable to plate binding damage due to lighter weight cores, though at lighter weights I doubt it would be an issue. Flexier bindings seem like a must to me, especially at my lighter poundage. Bryan is heavier than you, and hasn't reported any breakage issues, and he is a hard rider. YMMV, of course.