Note to New Members ×

BTS Spring choice

Surf Quebec

I've read many posts on the BTS, for what I've read it seems people are mainly using the blue (medium) spring.

On Bomber, it says the yellow is for light to medium weight riders, blue for medium to heavy weight and red for heavy weight riders who want the stiffest flex possible out of their boots.

It seems they are a lot of big guys on this forum, is it the reason most people go with the blue one or because the yellow is really too smooth ?

I'm 5'6 and 163 pounds, just bought Track 700 today (not even molded yet)

I weigh 180 and I used the yellow springs all last season on a pair of Indy boots. I liked the range of motion that the yellow springs allowed. Mind you, I never did try the blue springs that I also bought so I don't have anything to compare against. Compared to the standard springs on the Indys, the BTS was like butter.

I had the yellow springs on my AF600 (Suzuka's) last year. I now have the medium springs (my own green springs from Asraymond comparable to bombers blue ones, but slightly smaller for more room in the BTSkit) for my Track 700 T. Found the Track too soft in the forwardlean with the yellow's. I think, I am gonna add a standard boosterstrap also. I weigh 84 kgs/185lbs.

Walk mode means running indys with no spring at all because of the nature of the RAB and I have done that before but it's not pretty, good way to break your ankle and the shell of the boot in a crash.

yup, I have used the soft springs as well as the hard springs and various combos.

I like the blue the best by a long shot.