Note to New Members ×

Beautiful Catek Spacers for sale/site is up!

Hans

OK... elastomer middle.. I'm listening.. or do I need to go read the whole "isolating bindings" thread?

From Catek's site: "We embedded an elastomer layer into the center of the spacer. The elastomer grips the mounting screws to eliminate the mounting screw loosening systemic with "homemade" spacers."

edit: fine, beat me to it

OK... elastomer middle.. I'm listening.. or do I need to go read the whole "isolating bindings" thread?

Not needed, that topic is only about using a spacer or not, with what board, and which material is best. Don't think USD 79.00 is that much comparing to the price of a new Metal. Catek is the only one making these spacers. But I think that suspension kit, which I also have, will do the job too.

Or better, don't buy a Metal than you don't have to be worried if your board breaks or not.

Oh, I wasn't citing any performance advantage. Catek claims that it will help keep your mounting screws from loosening. I was figuring that with a homemade set, you'd simply drill the holes big enough such that the threads don't engage the plates and of course use proper length screws, and then check them as you should anyway...

If anyone can correct me on anything I just said, much appreciated...

How about that KST technology of the Kessler boards. The Catek site says that those Kessler are only suitable for groomed pists.

Are those boards that fragile?

Any comment on this, may be Bola or Bordy or some one else who tried one of those Kessler KST boards..........

How about that KST technology of the Kessler boards. The Catek site says that those Kessler are only suitable for groomed pists.

Any comment on this, may be Bola or Bordy or some one else who tried one of those Kessler KST boards..........

This is merely idle speculation from someone who is anxiously awaiting snow so he can ride instead of sit in front of the geek-box, but I am guessing that Prior would say the same about their WCR Metal Series.

Catek is the only one making these spacers.

Not true... I had my hands on two others last week.. but it seems the Cateks are a nicer product than either of those (unless you are looking for lift too).

But I think that suspension kit, which I also have, will do the job too.

I tend to agree with this... there is no way I am pressuring a board anywhere close to what a racer does. But if the binding maker says it's best to use it.. I will.

Or better, don't buy a Metal than you don't have to be worried if your board breaks or not.

Too late for that... I've got metal and broken some that aren't (the breakage wasn't due to this particular issue though)

yeah, i read that one but i was thinking it was ment for the hole patern on the board...or i could be wrong

Naj:

The Spacers will work with any bindings and on any 4x4 or 3-hole board.

(Obviously, you need to get the right spacer width for your board.)

Scott @ CATEK

Don't know about how fragile, but they have almost non-existent nose, so you can imagine how it rides on anything but hard snow.

Dave and I were frecarving once with Fast Freddy (former member here and former WC racer) on KST and we certainly had better times on our normal boards.

From the other hand, Prior's metals have just an outstanding nose...