Note to New Members ×

DT and Big Mario

inkaholic

DT, TVR

I have lexan at work which is polycarbonate, the same that the Catek spacer is made of. Mine is milky white though since we use it for backlit signs. Doesn't look as cool but the price is great. Free! If I get a chance I will design and cut some this week. They will probably be similar to the Catek version, we'll see.

Ink

Why yes you did and I was not about to not go thru it. Like I said, I will see if I can find some clear but we don't use it very often. I tried to go to a plastics shop today near my work but they closed down and I couldn't find any info for them if they moved.

Now I am slammed at work for the rest of the week so I don't think that I will be able to get to any other plastic shops till next week.

• 10 months later...
Congrats on your new purchase! Join us at Loveland sometime. We would be happy to give you some pointers.

Ink

Hey, Ink. I just noticed this thread and your congratulations. Here's a very belated thank you.

Some pointers will be welcome. I loved riding the Proto, but I still haven't solved my heel side chatter issue. I will be taking a lesson from Lowell as soon as there's some good coverage at Vail. Hopefully with his coaching and your tips, it won't be too long before I can keep up with you guys.

I ended up getting the Colorado Pass again, but this year I will fork out the extra cash to pay for a Loveland ticket and join you guys every now and then. Looking forward to it!

Keith

+1 for D.T.s suggestion about the 4 Paks.

I loved riding the Proto, but I still haven't solved my heel side chatter issue.

Keith

It took me a few minutes to figure out who this was since the forum is messed up.

Glad the Proto is working out for you. As far as your heelside chatter goes, don't park and ride. Keep your feet moving by pushing them forward as you pass the apex of your turn. Remember the old initiate with your weight slightly forward, apex centered, finish back of center? This is a very subtle, slight movement.

Keep those feet moving through the turn and your chatter problem should go away pretty quickly.

See you at Lovey,

Ink

Thank you both for recommending the 4-pack. Just bought it!

Also, Ink, thanks for the heelside tip. That makes a lot of sense. Now that you mention it, I'm fairly certain I do this on gentle terrain and not on steeper runs (for some reason). This could explain why I only have this problem when it's steeper.

At what point in the season do you guys usually start riding? I'm not sure I want to hit the White Ribbon of Death just yet, but it's tempting.

Keith