Note to New Members ×

DT and Big Mario

inkaholic

How did the riding go today? I hope it was good and you put some ruts in for me. I worked on the house most of the day then spent the evening at All Boards Sports. DT, I fondled that Virus you are always touching. Now I know why. She's nice! There was also a Gladiator and BX that just got tuned that I wanted to take to Lovey but Bola said NO. I had my hands all over those also. Do you think that the owner will mind that my fingerprints are on their bottoms before he got to them?

Oh yeah, I now have the SG 185 race and a set of Phioka binders to set on top. Wow, I will now be riding in this decade.

BlueBird, I went red!

Ink

Inkster - I'm bummed you would stoop to the level... we all expect that kind of behavior form BM and DT. Was sloppy thirds is good for you? Hopefully I wont have to peal them all apart again.

BTW...

Do you flatlanders ever wonder what the pollution you create looks like in the morning? (yes Ink.. I know you are not really a flatlander.. but guilty.. very guilty by association)

This was at 6am today:

IMG_1689Large.jpg

Way to go Ink, I was wondering if the racer in you would win!

I have been told that if you run a quarter down the edges of the glad and bx that the tune will last longer. something similar to a heat treatment. try it, i'm sure the owner won't mind.

I was always shocked when DT defiled the one gal, but you go and defile all of his gals, it's inspiring. I never would have guessed that all of his gals were so easy.

TVR... were you just getting in at 6? I didn't think you agreed with being awake at 6 AM

I wasn't too happy about it until I saw the sunrise. The time change has me all screwed up... asleep by 10pm and awake way too early.

Where is all the SNOW?

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW SNOW

I now have the SG 185 race

mmmmmm... SG good! It took a few turn to get used to mine, but everything is all good now. Big turns, little turns, anything I wanted, all without a hint of resistance. Now if I could only find a woman like that.

Thinking about making some spacer plates to go between my TD2's and the board.

bpc joined us as well. Typical pc tearing up the hill. bm adjusted his forward lean, etc... and spent most of the day riding outside his comfort zone. He was looking really good towards the end of our day.

Lovey had a ski/snowboard demo going on so things were a little hectic; then add in all the racer sh*ts. I got buzzed once (less than 5' away) bm got buzzed twice (once less than 2' away). I have had it with these jack@sses.

[rant]

Referring to Bordy's thread about "Racers are people too", it amazes me that coaches are snobs. I do not know what set the tone, when the coach pushed away after I stopped next to him, not a word, not a glance, just pure attitude, then waited for his racers in the carousel. Maybe it was his nose in the air, bullsh*t elitist attitude. The racers said hi and were nice. Too bad that an a$$hole like this is the one setting an example for these kids!

[/rant]

fyi - bm will be out of town until early December. I should be around next weekend, let make some turns! (

________________________________________________________________________________________)

_______________________________________________________________________________________(

________________________________________________________________________________________)

_______________________________________________________________________________________(

Ink,

The big f2 is probably going to be the every day board, thinking of letting fcII go later this season for one of those sg's, maybe the big one. After some of the bs we put up with yesterday, I am looking foward to two weeks in the windward isles, rum, sailing, diving ect.... and more snow, a bts, less racers and more terrain upon my return. Thanks again for your humble nature, and with that all of the advice you have shared with me, I am beginning to feel like I can carve.

mario

Thinking about making some spacer plates to go between my TD2's and the board. QUOTE]

I'm with you... let me know what you find/figure out... I only have access to a tiny harware store up here but have some ideas.

I presume you saw this link with the template since you replied to Hans post. I bet ink would be interested also since he now has the 185 SG. I have access to a machine shop, ink may have access to a router. I would envision buying a large sheet of material and making several sets of plates. I will do some research on materials; ink has some knowledge in this area also. I'll be in touch once I know something.

Rockin' pic Thor. I'm with you on the snow. Brown starting to show on the divide :(

D, I have plenty of machinery for makin' stuff( drill press, table saw, drum sander, router table ect.) and I think I still know how to use them. :)

mario

AWWWW bluebird!!!! I wish I could go ride with you. Rand???? IM in southern NM visiting grandma.

Not Rand. He is in the area just below the sunset pic in this thread (I'm sure there is a name for it). The mountains are the Indian Peaks Wilderness Area (Continental Devide) just east of Tabernash. Strange to me, but if those mountains weren't there, I would be looking right at Boulder which is less than 30 miles away but takes two hours to drive to.

I'm sitting on the deck and can hear him as I type this.

DT on the SG!?! Bitch'n board isn't it! Mario, 186 everyday board. Nice.

Plates for metal boards:

I can get lexan which is flexible in the cold and won't shatter and there is a plastics shop near my work that I will go chat with to see what they would recommend. They also sell scraps. I can set up a file after we discuss and send it to our cad router table at work. After that a little hand sanding to round the edges off and plates will look nice and purdy. Engineer DT get with me on this. We should also get Bola's opinion on the design since he has spent a lot of time thinking about it.

My main concern is how to fasten said plate and bindings in a strong enough fashion while retaining adjustability of stance.

I got the Phioka binders and with the topsheet over the titanal I don't think that I will have any problems but I have been thinking about it as a riser since I am now closer to the board.

Racers Post:

Bordy started that one since others jumped on trom51 and philonroad about their posting of boards for sale. It is not anything about Bordy himself, just the way that racers seem to get treated if nobody knows who they are.

BM, what was the outcome of the stance change? I am very curious.

I can definately ride next weekend. Possibly both days with wifey out sunday.

Need to tune the SG this week so it will be ready for sliding.

TVR, just fondled the boards, no sticky. They are nice. I can't wait to try them out.

I think that is all for now. whew

Ink

Looking foward to the bts, locking the front foot more foward did get me down lower, but not being able to straighten my front leg about killed me on some of the flatter terrain. I will dink around with a few things when I get back from vacation.

mario

I can definately ride next weekend. Possibly both days with wifey out sunday.

I am game for Saturday if you have permission.

Shelly wants to hook up with some friends at Lovey on Sunday (if they show up?!?). We could easily be idiots and let the ladies ride together (while we check in on them occasionally, of course).

Let me know