Note to New Members ×

JIMINYPEAK- BOMBER DAY carvers only - in the works...

Dave ESPI

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all !

Well, I've been away on vacation i Maine for 10 days, and came back to a death in a friends family, so been "out of the loop" a few days. I missed the "returning Instructors training weekend" at jiminy lastweekend, but there is NEW HIRE CLINICS still going on next weekend and the weekend of Thanksgiving. Any skiers and riders want a job, come on up ! There are ZERO full time snowboarders on staff right now as instructors. If I can logisticly arrange it, I may go full, but it all comes down to cashflow.

BOMBER DAY is in the works, I spoke to Brian Fairbanks (resort exec) and the Mountain Ops and Events supervisor and they said "we will work on it when the snow flies".

THey hope to open the week of Dec 15th , but if it gets cold (and stays cold) they could try for a few early weekends with man made snow)

I'm looking at Either Mid January or March for carving as the conditions are nicest around those times with deep packed pow over boilerplate or granular mush in march that we can really just sink right into.

West Way, NorthGlade, Slingshot..... W00T !

That pic put a smile on my face today :D

Thanks Pow.

On another happy note, I got conformation I got accepted into a Culinary management degree program this morning through NECI. :biggthump

Starts Jan 14th, and I get to do it from home online while also working at Jiminy.

Double W00T !

• 2 weeks later...

Opening weekend was kinda crappy I heard, and today ( looks even worse with the warm weather and rain... will be frozen boiler plate for sure this weekend, so leave the good gear at home. Sunday may be OK if the wind stops and they can actualy lay some snow with all the guns going on the mountain.

I think we are still a few weeks away before any width in trails is established for any sort of agressive carving :(

Sunday Nov 25th..... one word.

AWESOME !

A Great Day to be On the Slopes!

What a phenomenal day to be on the slopes! I just back from a few fabulous runs and I just had to tell you guys how awesome the conditions are. Jiminy's snowmaking crews have outdone themselves and they really laid out some great coverage and with the sun on it it softened up to a perfect shapeable snow, and yet still remained easily rideable and "Bisquick" texture. Took abotu 15 runs, in the sun down West Way to Grand Slam (wiped out and road/ice rashed my **** all up when I lost edge while pulling a high angle turn), then hit the Berkshire Express for a quick trip back up to the summit and check out North Glade to 360 - trust me, you'll be glad you did! Winter is here! Had a blast today got to see a bunch of familliar faces, and ride with some old friends, got a few sweet carves and trenches, did some training and technique improvements... and ofcourse fell abunch of times and have a well bruised ass from the frozen death-cookies at the bottom of Lower Exhibition into the 180 trail, but oh well, No pain , No fame :D

Saw POW, and Hanz, and we didn't get to ride all together on carvers ( My binds are still in transit from Bomber-inc) unfortunately, but always a good chance for a photo op :)

Pow-Espi11-25-07sm.jpg

A great day, sorry i couldnt stay to ride with you. my body felt like someone had gone over the whole thing with a meat tenderizer after riding the ice and death cookies on friday. Conditions really improved, and except for a few spots where it was darker and icy it was perfect for carving! Now i've just got to remember how to do it right... im slowly getting back in the groove:D

Ohh, and make sure you bring the carver next time so we can teach paragon how to really snowboard;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Have been a bit lax on it, and need to ask "the powers that be" if we can still do it. The season has been a bit "off" as all the good snow has been up in Vermont this year.

After Presidents week if the business is good, they will be in better spirits to entertai such day. Perhaps the weekend after ESCS. Thats the target zone. Weather has NOT been cooperating much. We need a good dump in the beginning of march or else it will just be a Spring slush-mush-fest for us.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nucarver

Dave, I'm interested too. Even though I am new to the hardboot setup and alpine board, it would be great to ride with a bunch of like-minded riders. I transitioned from 22 years of softboots over the past year...still not fully broken of my old bad habits and I need all the tips I can get:D

P.S. I work at Blandford if anyone gets over this way...let me know.

NU, as many as we can get into hardbooting, the better :)

Sunday March 2nd was Epic !

Me: @ the top of the 360 run,

Queequeg @ the bottom of the run:

haha ! atleast we can't really hear the swear from that distance.. :)

Earlier I got Jose on the widows whites run.

Saddly, the flap was closed on the camera for an earlier really good run I had, but the audio sounded cool !

Was nice riding with Jose on Sunday. We almost got wiped out by a girl on skies who clearly did not belong on Northglade... Later on in the day at 3:00 I was on the 180, and this kid came outa nowhere and went right infront of me, and we had a mild collision..... snowboarder + snowboarder..... but we were OK

2005983585016956814_rs.jpg

Jose (Quequag) and I this past sunday.

2005924710257185741_rs.jpg

We had a blast! was really great groom carve conditions. A bit too packed with slow moving obsticles to really rip it (for fear of more near miss collisions), but we still had fun and got a few vids.

I'm going to try for the BOMBER SUNDAY- weekend of March 16th as the Bomber day. Should be nice spring conditions and the groomers will stoke up Ace Of Spades trail for us nicely.

Will have final word in a week or so.

NCR, this weekend everyone is at ESCS, and I have the Mountain dew Vertical Challenge at Jiminy on sunday as well.

I'm racing it in hardboots just for chits and giggles :)

I've already qualified for the finals, so this will be just a race against the clock and myself :)