Note to New Members ×

JIMINYPEAK- BOMBER DAY carvers only - in the works...

Dave ESPI

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If Geddy's 10 feet tall, then definately!:D

Espi knows about Give'r ?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwpGXfHmY-A"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwpGXfHmY-A" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Don't be a hero. Pick a hill that's not too steep! Small children and people worried about their brain should wear a helmet. :nono:

oh i love it. whenever i can fit that into conversation...:argue:

wish i could be there for bomber day... i still havent been on ace of spades since they opened it to the masses.

Welcome Jpenn Nice to see new members :)

I'm going to try for the BOMBER SUNDAY- weekend of March 16th as the Bomber day. Should be nice spring conditions and the groomers will stoke up Ace Of Spades trail for us nicely.

Will have final word in a week or so

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got shot down for this weekend.

JEEP Slopestyle event is going on as well as the "handi-capeable" races.

there will be more room to move around in the country store bathroom stall than there will be on the slopes.

Sunday will also be RETRO-DAY.

SO !

I'm shooting for the last weekend in March. Sunday the 29th of March is Bombers at Jiminy Peak day.

I'm going to nail all this down solid this weekend for sure.

:smashfrea

Dave, iwas looking for you at jiminy today. what an unbelievable day .i have never been able to turn like i did today. the mountain was empty and we were able to find corduroy all day. i was amazed at the amount of snow still around.as long as the weather holds up you should be ok for carvers day. i will do my best for that day but the spring is tough with the kids schedules, bill

Bill, I was sooooo jonsin` to get out today.. I have a rentiger on lend from a friend, and since I was at West Mountain on tuesdaynight, my form inthis "snow" or ice groom, what ever ya want to call it, has become downright "deadly"..... I managd to scare myself, and I have not done that in a few years.... Speed + hard carve = bliss, and a heart rate I can feel in my ears.

I'll be there this Sunday for sure I'll be rawking out a solid blue One piece carhardt and the yellow rentiger for retro day.

I'll look for ya.

Jose, those firefightin' pants are saweeet !

Thanks! I love them. Sadly, they are really starting to take a beating. I've been looking for a source for silver mylar so that I can replace them, but I can't seem to find the stuff ANYWHERE!. Yeah so umm ... if anyone just happens to know where I can order a few yards of silver mylar, or buy some used airforce-issue firefighter pants ... uhh ... hit me up.

I just ordered a new pair of burton pants, but it just aint the same. The Tinman needs his silver pants.

I'll be there for the bomber day ... any way I can get a ride from Troy to the mountain from somebody? I may be able to borrow my Aunts SUV but I'm not sure and don't want to be presumptious ... she knew me in my wilder days and I'm not sure if she would loan me her car ... heh-heh.

I got Official permission to hold a carvers day at Jiminy Peak March 30th from 9 am till Noon on the Ace-Of-Spades trail. It will be closed to general public, so that we have no fears of interlopers running through our swathy rips.

The double chair will be in service for us as a dedicated lift as well.

If I get a list of people who want to come in advance, I can get 10.00 off lift passes for them, but it may also be an "E-coupon" day so passes may only be 35.00 if you go to the www.jiminypeak.com website and sign up for it and print it out and bring it to the ticket windo (we will know more in a day or 2 on this) if not, I do have a bunch of 10.00 off coupons if people get a hold of me also.

AIM: DaveESPI

Yahoo IM: Masterbetta1

You can also e-mail me through Bombers if you would like to come,or post your name to a running list here in this thread. Thanks :)

cheers,

D.

ps: I had the biggest "YARDSALE" ever in my riding career yesterday. I was hauling ass down the middle drop off of whirlaway into Exhibition trail, and I really do not know WTF happened. Was in a heal to toe transition, then the board "hopped" out from under me it chattered once, twice, then "ping!"my board came completely off, and I was sliding about 50 feet down the hill in a "ninja turtle" backspin, thankfully I had a leash ! (first time EVER needing it!)

Lets just say I came to stop, and immediately throught my legs were both broken........... I was fine though, but my confidence was shaken. Faith in these "non-releaseable" bindings is a bit waivering....... I may be velcro straping the toe bails once I lock in from now on.

Ill be there! where and when are we meeting? are we just going to look for the bright shiny pants and go that way?:eplus2:

looking forward to riding with Queequeg for the first time, and Cail n Espi again. not paragon, he makes too many mom jokes. and it hurts my feelings:(

see you guys sunday!:cool:

Dave , on behalf of the berkshires hard booters ,thanks for arranging this(notice i said hardbooters ,not carvers, i dont consider myself a carver yet) unfortunatly i wont be able to attend but i will be at the mountain thurs and fri with my older girls getting one last shot in for the season.i will post a conditions report friday to get all the carvers fired up, also good luck with the new job, we will have to check the new place out. Bill

9:00 am until 11:00 Ace of Spades trail will be for just us boarders if we get ~10 people to show up and be ready to go at the 6 pack lift (Berkshire express) around 9 am.

Right now it looks like there is 7.

anyone know how to get in touch with the carvefathers?

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>Weekend Outlook

A great weekend of sunshine and skiing are ahead! With over 90% of the mountain open for skiing and riding and sunny skies with temperatures between 35 and 40 degrees both days, this weekend is shaping up to be phenomenal! We’ll have 40 trails and 7 lifts in operation this weekend from 8:30 am – 4 pm both days. All three terrain parks are open and moguls can be found on Cutter and The Mogul Thing. The mountain is covered with 18-40 inches of base. Weekend rates will be in effect, visit jiminypeak.com for a full price list. Check out jiminypeak.com to sign up for Sunday and Monday’s e-coupon specials.

The Mountain Coaster will operate 11 am – 4 pm Saturday and Sunday. Single ride tickets are $8.50 and 6 activity ride books are $39.

Season pass holders from another mountain are invited to come skiing or riding at Jiminy this spring for just $10 when their valid 2007/2008 season pass from another area is presented at the Crane Lodge Ticket Window. This offer is not valid with any other discount or promotion, including Value Cards.

Updated snow condition reports are available online at jiminypeak.com and on our snow phone at 888-4-JIMINY.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>Today's Report

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>E-Coupon Specials

We know you love them so we will keep them coming! This Sunday is a $35 e-coupon special and Monday is a $21 e-coupon special. Visit jiminypeak.com to sign up for e-coupons and look for more coming soon!

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>Sign Up for E-Coupons

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>Enjoy A Spring Skiing Getaway

Rooms are still available for this weekend at Jiminy Peak’s Country Inn. Rates begin at just $99 per night! Visit jiminypeak.com or call a reservation agent at (800) 882-8859 to reserve.

</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD vAlign=top align=left>Check Availability</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

flux, I think you are missunderstanding what I posted.

At the time I was unsure if it was going to be an E-ticket day, OR I can give 10.00 off (a regular priced lift pass) coupon. It worked out that the powers that be decided to do an e-ticket discount this weekend aswell (usualy just once a month).

With the 5 inches of fresh snow today, it should be awesomely awesome sunday :)