Note to New Members ×

wtb Tanker

davekempmeister

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the heads up fellas. I called the Tanker distributor recently (Exotic Boards - Winton, CA) and spoke to RJ. I'm gonna pick up a previous years model 187 for $550. He'll call me when he gets his hands on it. Anyway, thanks for lookin' out. Tex, I'll be a dad again for the 2nd time any day now and this season my adventures will be a bit curtailed. I.E., lots of quick jaunts up the 95 corridor into NY, VT, NH. When time comes, I'll post up and see if our itineraries can reconcile. I know you wear a path to Stratton - somehow I've been everywhere but. Perhaps you could show me around the place. Just a thought, not inviting myself entirely.

Actually the newer ones are wider...with taper and larger sidecuts as well. The one on ebay is the very first model of tanker produced...before there were tankers, rad-air's longboard model was the obsession.

Since you corrected me...I wanted clarification. That board that is/was on ebay looked like a mid-90s, and those were pretty darn planky-wide, no? I thought modern tankers were around 24.x unless you got a "wide" model?

D-sub, yes the early tankers were fairly wide, but the 06/07 and 07-08's are almost a cm wider in the waist and nose and the tail is narrower because they have taper and larger sidecuts then the older ones. The overall width's of the regular tankers (162, 172,182, 192 and 200) did not change much from the first model (the one that was on e-bay) until the new ones (less than .5 cm). Most of the changes had been in sidecut, flex, and materials.