Note to New Members ×

Mt. Hood Carve Fest?

slopetool

Dear Mom - Overnite it was 25 degrees and snowing up at the mountain. And now the clouds have departed and its clearing up. How about I stop by and see you later in the week?

Love you,

Ed

I hope the snow doesn't get too slow once the temperatures warm up. But it should be good in the morning hours.

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/ski_ride/conditions.php

Hope to see someone else up there so it won't become a micro-carve fest like normal.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Ed,

You can count Rebecca and I as there in spirit. We would certainly be there if we could - those are some great pictures coming from T-line right now. I am doing my best to be able to ride a little in June.

Enjoy the mountain for us.

<TABLE cellPadding=2 width=511 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=201 bgColor=#999999>

Date / Time

</TD><TD width=296 bgColor=#cccccc>May 13th, 2007, 9 am</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Sky

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>Clear and Sunny!</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Temperature

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>24º</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Wind

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>NW 5-19 mph</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

New Snow

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>1"</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Base Depth at Lodge

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>124"</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Total Snowfall To Date

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>469"</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Freestyle Terrain

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>Freestyle terrain park on Otto Lang is open. The new Mile half pipe is under construction!</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Road Conditions

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>Clear</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Operation Hours

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>8:30am - 2:30pm</TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Ticket Pricing

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>Spring </TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#999999>

Special Notes

</TD><TD bgColor=#cccccc>Happy Mothers Day!!! Bring mom to the Timberline for some great spring skiing!</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

post-198-141842232696_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842232698_thumb.jpg

Hi Buell - there was definitely lots of turns made for those who couldn't be in attendance. You guys didn't miss out on much. Mt. Hood will always be there for later days.

Now, for those who had the best intentions of making it for some outstanding snow... you really screwed up. It was great.

The snow is holding up well, not the greatest. The June carve get-together should have plenty of coverage.

Theres always the next two weeks until the Summer rates apply.

Talk to you later -

Ed

Had another great day today. I saw Shaun White in the lodge while getting my ticket. Rode 2 hours of good groomers on palmer. They started to groom more lanes up high as the Mile is really melting fast from last week. They are ready for summer with the midway station on palmer ready. Rode a few runs with Ed's wife Libby. Sorry you had to work Ed :eplus2: The best part was the end of day climb above palmer and traverse to illumination rock. All I can say is that place is the ****z :biggthump:biggthump . It is so huge up there and was so smooth today its unreal. This is the place to ride when you come to T-line. Next time I climbing to top up by the crater. Nature grooms way better than any diesel cat. Only if I didnt have to come back so early to get the kids from school.....

Jim

post-219-141842232723_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842232726_thumb.jpg

post-219-141842232728_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How are you guys and gals feeling about the next dates of the Summer season Carve get-together? In two weeks, June 15, 16, 17th? Everyone still getting fired up for a few more turns before hanging up the Spring parka?

Theres still plenty of snow up there! And it is melting fast with the recent warm spell.

http://www.timberlinelodge.com/ski_ride/conditions.php

Go ahead and deflate that river inner tube, dude. And put those golf clubs away, Biff.

The Snowperformance clinic will love your euro-carve hip dragging style, you animal! :lol: Or my favorite, the arm-flapping bird cordoroy attack.

Ed

Sounds like Al and Fe (visiting from Wisconsin) managed to sneak in a pretty good day before the rain started at around noon or 11:30. (hey Jim, they have less accent than you do :biggthump )

See their post in the main forum.

They took some photos and will hopefully share them here or on FLC.

They called saying that it was not busy yet and some of the Disabled Ski team was up TRENCHing big time. I think the weather may clear for them Sunday and it should be a great day for them.

Today was misty with low visability. Palmer was on stand by. Sat. and Sun. will make up for today. Its shaping up nicely already.

I'll have my 2-way on 13/20. And I'll try to be up at the top of Palmer at 9, 10 & 11. It could be exploring the snowfields time after noon. I mean high noon. :flamethro opps, too much flame.

Looks a little foggy yet today. I will check tomorrow if the conditions are better to ride. I will be in Welchs at the "cabin" if anyone wants to go for drinks or food tonight . 5039977863

Jim

Hey Jim, what's for dinner Dude!! :biggthump

Thanks for the climbing photos and mountain updates!!

Hope it went well for Ed and guests.

Today sucked. Rainy and cold.

The snowperformance team folks have their radios tuned to 9/15. We'll be up on Palmer tomorrow. Should be fun. After riding cocktails at the condo at Collins Lake Resort.

Sinecure. Give Jim a call , his cabin is just 5-10 miles down the hill from govy.

He can give you a true locals intel. You guys can talk Snurfers!! He is an "Oldschooler" too.

Bryan

Cool "Painted Sky" this am. Clouds on the way Wed/Thursday.

It was of course more impressive in person.

The picture looks super Bryan. Was it off the 205 bridge ? I need to call you soon and talk splitboards. Heading up to welchs tonight at 7pm.

Jim