Note to New Members ×

Coiler

chinchillaman

is there someone her who uses a coiler PRgs as a to go board?

Yea, more often than not. I really enjoy this deck - damp, smooth, and amazing edge hold. However, I'm going to go with bobdea on the fact that there is a noticable difference in the overall dampness and edge grip between the Metal Prior and my Superboard construction Coiler. Next board for me is either a metal Coiler or a Prior...which will probably be a while since I'm still a bit hesitant about turning anything loose from my current quiver. May have to though :(

Metal is that good :cool:

but the wcr with metal is the next step, a PR GS with metal is my next board for sure, the majority of boards that I feel were great boards have been on were coilers both the customs built for me and boards built for others

Guest sandarapark

got to try a coiler race carve in the alps this week...as far as i know it had a spuper board construction...based on this, i would lik to know the difference between a coiler FC , a coiler PRgs and the RC... i think i'm getting a coiler for next season (got into the build list)...pretty good board that one

got to try a coiler race carve in the alps this week...as far as i know it had a spuper board construction...based on this, i would lik to know the difference between a coiler FC , a coiler PRgs and the RC... i think i'm getting a coiler for next season (got into the build list)...pretty good board that one

Coiler PRGS 13m-14m (or more) sidecut, taper, aggressive nature needed

Coiler FC 10.5m sidecut, no taper, aggressive nature needed, can't really race it

Coiler RC 11.5m sidecut taper, not so aggressive nature needed, could race it if you wanted, kinda the best of both worlds.

Taper is a big thing and gives a board a level of forgiveness that the same board without it doesn't have.

I love my RC175, I have found that it does a lot well and every time I think I need something else it surprises me. I still want an AM169 but the more I ride my RC the more I put off buying a new board.

Guest sandarapark
Coiler PRGS 13m-14m (or more) sidecut, taper, aggressive nature needed

Coiler FC 10.5m sidecut, no taper, aggressive nature needed, can't really race it

Coiler RC 11.5m sidecut taper, not so aggressive nature needed, could race it if you wanted, kinda the best of both worlds.

you mean to say, the Rc is moruch softer than the other 2?

Soft is relative, My RC feels softer than my little Crazy Creek 151 when doing the hand push test but on a hill it sticks better no matter then conditions. I won't be riding the 151 for a long while. The FC is hooky, thought required throughout the turn. Taper makes turn release easier for a given board comparing my RC to a 173FC the FC will be harder to transition from turn to turn and requires more effort to ride even though it has a shorter sidecut. I have neither the skill nor the trails for riding a PRgs, though if I had the former I would look at the PRgs178.

you mean to say, the Rc is moruch softer than the other 2?

No - not necessarily. Remember, Coilers are built with the original owner's weight and riding goals/abilities in mind. I recently spent some time on a RC 175 built for someone heavier than me. No surprise, the board felt stiffer (hand flexing) than my 186 PR. The RC is really a hybrid of sorts between the PR and FC. Fun, well-made decks!

Review this one:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=8230&highlight=coiler+flex+index

See Mike T's post about 3/4 of the way down the page