Note to New Members ×

Monoski, cheap, around the 160-170 cm range

pebu

So my brother mentioned to me that if he could find a monoski for cheap then he might be interested in trying it out. He's a skier by trade. It doesn't really matter if the board is beat up too much, as long as it'll hold some feet and go down the hill.

Lemme know.

Ben

He's a skier... Basically he's scared of trying to ride a snowboard again. Second of all... Come to think of it, I guess there isn't really much of a second of all.

He's a good skier, good at parallel skiing, he's already got the skiing balance thing goin on. That and he doesn't want to be a snowboarder. It's not like I haven't been told many times that I'm not your typical snowboarder, but still. Not to mention a monoski would just be one of them cool things to have in our collective quiver, even if it's just to put on the wall in the bar or make a bench out of...

Keep an eye on Ebay, I saw a monoski 170ish a few weeks back. It was listed as a snowboard. The seller was one of these (wee sell for u) places and had no idea what it was. I emailed them that it was a monoski and they should change their listing to reflect that. The next day it was gone and I hadn't seen it since.

J

Thanks, I guess it's probably one of those vintage type things that people on ebay eat right up.

Joe at the ski-shop laughed at me when I asked him if he knew anybody with an alpine board they wanted to sell. Just imagine how he'll react when we bring a monoski in to get bindings set up on...:eek:

You mean convert him to the LIGHT side....

He's very content on 2 sticks and I already know there's no way I'd be able to convert him. Another skier buddy of ours expressed interest in alpine boarding though, so when I get another setup I'll have to put him on something. He does have canoes for feet though, so he might end up not liking it too much.

But anyways, I was just seein if there were any monoskis out there by chance. No big deal.

Revising the original WTB from monoski to wtb a monoski OR snowboard.

Just looking for a cheap snowboard suitable for mounting ski bindings on. It doesn't have to be pretty, just something a little stiffer and longer than a wet lasagna noodle. We're talkin somewhere in the $50 range. PRobably in the length range of 155-185 or so... Not sure on waist width yet, tonight we'll stick his boots together and get some measurements.

Anyways, just remember, this is only a goofy experiment, so the only thing that really matters is money.

Lemme know.

Ben