Note to New Members ×

Warranty on Hot snowboards-broken board

outsider

I broke my 03-04 Blast GS board today in a USASA Boardercross race right behind the back binding, and need a replacement before i go to Nationals. Has anyone had any expierience with Hot snowboards and their Warranties, or feel sympathetic enough to loan me one of their own boards?

i got thrown off a take off for one of the jumps with my weight too far back and landed in an extreme wheelie. needless to say i rode away clean and went on to get gold in the race, but i would rather have come in last than have to deal with finding a new board in the 4 weeks i have before i leave for nationals. i have attached a picture for those of you that enjoy viewing other peoples carnage:eek:

post-312-141842196988_thumb.jpg

I'll save you a bunch of time by being blunt: That is not a warranty issue.

Warranties cover manufacturers' defects. You just plain broke the board. Something between the "jumps with my weight too far back" and "landed in an extreme wheelie" is what did the board in. It sucks, but that's life.

Of course, you may luck out and find the nicest Hot rep in the world that takes pity on you and gives you a replacement board. Chances of that are slim. If you do find one of those, buy a lottery ticket too.

I'm not trying to be the bad guy here, I'm speaking from experience trying to convince reps to warranty product. It really sucks, but maybe whatever Hot dealer you find will give you a healthy discount on a new one. I would if I worked there.

• 2 months later...
Guest mikko

Just curious:

Has there been more problems with the 03/04 Hot Blast GS?

Can anyone compare the 00/01 GS models to the 03/04?

(preferably Blast Stiff 182 to the new 178)

all comments appreciated

thanks,

Mikko

I had a volkl rt 178 that I bent in soft snow at T-line last year about this time (pre carve fest) . I sent it back to volkl and they said they would not replace it due it being more than a year old. Well this fall a package shows up at my door and my wife says " you didnt buy another damm snowboard , why do need so many..." Guess what , volkl sent me a brand new 04 even though the rep said they wouldn't . I doubt you will get a replacement soon but maybe for next year .....

Good luck as you may be surprized ....

Jim

yeah, i sorta gave up on finding a replacement as I had to buy another inorder to have a GS board for Nationals. Didnt get exactly what i had in mind, but my bindings were on a GS board come race time. I think the main problem was that my German was not good enough for the rep at blue tomato to fully comprehend my frantic begging, but I tired.

I heard of another guy who had broken two or three 03-04 Blast GS boards, and i believe that he has a post on the Hot Web fourm about it.

any decent company would toss you a new one I have been through this a bunch with my own gear and from working in a shop

as long as you dont have impact damage from something hard like a rock

like the above post said burton was the best when it came to that as of late they have been a little bit more stingy though

even if it was out of warranty its worth a shot I mean a free board why not

to me the truth is a board should not break if you land on it and most makers feel the same way