Note to New Members ×

AF700/Indy with BTS Yellow springs

Mike T

Anyone doing this?

Here's why I ask: I'm on Suzukas with blue springs now. I like the amount of forward/backward flex I am getting but I am also feeling like I'm getting too much sideways flex. I can warp my shells pretty badly while standing still on the board, gotta wonder what's happening when riding hard.

I plan to buy some new AF series boots as soon as they are available with the buckles. (The differences betwwen AF and SB in the toebox area are signifigant to me... My bootfitter took a look at the toe area of the SB shell atold me there was not much he could do to make it higher since that's where the tongue attaches, however the AF series fits me well in that area out of the box. The Heads don't work well for me, and I guess I'm just not interested in trying the UPZ...)

Thinking that an Indy could be given extra forward/backward flex with a BTS much easier than a Suzuka can be stiffened laterally.

Thoughts?

P.S. Were there any sightings of an AF series shell with real buckles at SES?

so 225,325, then 700? logic puts "something" between 325 and 700. Maybe Deeluxe has a few things up their sleeves.

J

Not sure I agree. If you look at the Deeluxe site they rate their current boots by stiffness - giving the Track 225 a 4, the Track 325 and the Suzuka both a 6, and the Indy an 8. I'm guessing they simply believe that they don't need two models with the same stiffness. It would appear that they believe that the SB series is more appealing to those whole like a some what stiff boot than the AF series... which I have mixed feelings about because I was only toying with the idea of going to the stiffer shell. Now it looks like if I want the buckles, I have to get it.

Not sure I agree. If you look at the Deeluxe site they rate their current boots by stiffness - giving the Track 225 a 4, the Track 325 and the Suzuka both a 6, and the Indy an 8. I'm guessing they simply believe that they don't need two models with the same stiffness. It would appear that they believe that the SB series is more appealing to those whole like a some what stiff boot than the AF series... which I have mixed feelings about because I was only toying with the idea of going to the stiffer shell. Now it looks like if I want the buckles, I have to get it.

I remember seeing the ratigns there as well. The Sazukas were recomended to me over the 325's due to their stiffnes over the 325's. The Sazukas have an asymetrical flex where the 325's have symetrical flex...I've heard this asym flex makes the boot feel more stiff. Not having tried both I can't say one way or the other but my comment was based on that recomendation mainly. though I like the "real" buckles the Track series has over the Force closure ones the Sazukas and Indy's have.

J

I managed to find this...it's translated from Japanese.

<CENTER>deeluxe.jpg</CENTER>"It promptly reports to the hard boots habitual user of DEELUXE!

The hard boots of DEELUXE change!

"INDY" it changes the model, "TRACK700".

The base is the same as INDY, but the buckle from the ratchet changes to the aluminum buckle.

After, the damper of heel upper amount is gone and changes to the forward lean mechanism of 5 stages.

But, in the one where the damper of the time before is good exchange until now sort being to be possible with option, relief.

Being to be, next period TRACK it becomes line-up of 700 325 225.

The catalog is schedule around the summer. "

Best I can figure is the RAB is out and the 5position Forward lean is standard but RAB may be available as an option.

J:freak3:

... is anyone using AF700 or Indys with Yellow BTS springs, and if so, what's it like?

Mike,

I have some af700's w/ race tongues (stiff as a medium flex ski boot). I am getting some bts w/ blue springs and might switch to the regular tongues for a softer flex. Byran advised me not to go yellow as it is way too soft for a person used to a stiffer boots. I will let you know how this works out.

Jim