Note to New Members ×

Das Amputator Rides Again!!

dredman

I am the proud owner of the legendary Shred Groomer Das Amputator. I spent my first day on it today at Big Mtn. First I want to thank Shred for dreaming up such a fine board. Second I would like to thank Dr.D for selling it to me. I was amazed at how easy it is to ride and generally rail around. I did not expect that from a 201cm board that is stiff, very stiff. The snow was in very fine shape today and visibility was favorable. It loved to be powered up and laid over then repeated. Great stability and a very fine carving tool. I was amazed by how it held a turn (even when my boots would drag a bit) and easily set you up for the next one. Every time I would hit the lift line I would be grinning and giggling like a kid at Christmas. Wahoo!! I can't wait to ride tomorrow!!

Thanks again Shred and Dr.D!!

I put another full day on the Das Amputator. It wonderfully carves many sizes of arcs. Load it up with lots of energy and lay it over very steeply and you get a small radius turn. Magic!! I have to say the Das Amputator has been a great addition to my quiver.

Those of you that have the luxury of trying or buying a 180cm+ board and have a riding area that you can really open it up... should really check one out!

Dr.D-I will not be able to make it up on Thursday. What other days are you planning on this week?

I miss that board tremendously!!!!!! do blow smoke up my ass..

It is the most easiest board to ride and when you think your in trouble....

just lean it over and it saves you!!! I loved it..but needed MOOOO laaaa..

If you guys just give me $$$$ I wouldn't have to sell anything Damm IIITttt!

Keep it in excellent shape and it may find its way back home

Sherd!!

Redman could ride a screen door down the hill and make it look good so you can imagine how he looks on das AMPUTATOR. I chased him all day and watched him navigate herds of small children and canadians :eplus2: with ease. Really something to watch when a fine tool finds a master to wield it:biggthump

ITs in good hands shred.

Hey shred Dave and I were discussing the possibility of a Big Mountain Expression session. I think the resort has room the week you guys come out normally for a full on trenchdiggin invasion. IF we start now we could really have a crowd lined up by next january:biggthump what do ya think?

I think we luckeed out that week,, one of the best i have ever been there.

I would hait to to have it foggy at then people be pissed;...

I luv Big Mountain for what it is.. no crowds!!!!!!!!! fog or no fog.. its always the best..

its just awesome cause the groom is always good and would hate to have people pissed cause it not like sun valley or what ever...

you just have to know big mountain.. you either luv it or you don't.

We know and thats all there is..

ps.. it always nice seeing you guys!

Shred is still alive!

Fat..but still alive

!

That goes for you Tahoe Trencher!! heheh

psss I know!!!!!!

Right Said Shed :1luvu:

• 1 month later...

I spent all day at the Big Mtn. on the Das Amuptator. That ride leaves me giggling. I am constantly amazed at how tight of a radius turn you can make on it. It really loves to be as close to perpendicular to the snow as possible. It seems to prefer having your body as close to the ground too. Stable..Did I mention how stable it is in all kinds of turns? Not suprising its a 201. It is smooth, damp and loves to hold an edge.

Shred, How do your newer customs compare to it? What is your weight? I am 170 and it seems to be just the right flex. I am just wondering how my next custom should be built to impove on the Das Amputator.

Thanks Again Shred for dreaming up the Das Amputator!!

Thanks Dr.D for parting with it!

:biggthump 'Just order Fat and Sluggish ..that would do it.. :freak3:

Even at my ton nage it rides like a dream..Big Mountain was its home!

it will turn very tight for a 201 but thats what I wanted it to do.. and it always did.

I found that it all depend on the manufacturer on how tight it turns.. a coiler at 17 turns like 55m but thats just me I guess..

Flex is so important.. on what it will do.. but at 201 the radius was made...well it was made to turn closer than it should for a board that should be a 201.. just keep it and i'll be there next year to ride it...

Dr. D ..It does ride sooooo easy.. ya just have to close you eyes!