Note to New Members ×

Good video of X5 loosing it on a turn

C5 Golfer

By the looks of it, there are 2 possibilities:

-the car was going fast (100 km/h?) and rear ended a parked trailer on the side of the road

-Photoshop

There is no way you can get this at slow speed either way. The trailer would have pushed the car when backing up, unless the car was blocked by something solid. And it looks like it is the side of a road, not a parking.

The guy getting out of the way - damn lucky!

Driver of the X5 - damn good!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtzFTMEVIQY&mode=related&search=

Good as anybody who does that kind of sport. That's the first thing one learns: how to control driving and turn in direction of skid or roll. Nothing special. Driver was also lucky that he had good reflexes to make steering change on time so center of gravity of the car did not cross wheels. He was also lucky that he did not hit any extra rock, curb, bump e.t.c. when doing this control stunt. It was not planned like for movies.

He was in fact on the limit of his own abilities, but he had clear mind to do what he can do and that counts (which many average drivers do not understand as I see daily). But heck it is trained habit and nothing else.

check it out

That's what happens when one believes that horsepower and expensive car is everything to be a macho driver who goes fast (on straight stretch).

That reminds me how many drivers in cheap cars beat those guys in Ferraris when they come to autocrosses :D

The guy running away from the BMW would have broken the 100m sprint world record... by 6 seconds :lol:

Yep Guy in the corvette is toast... smeared toast...

Warning BAD things here....if you are squeamish DO NOT read below!!!!

Get a really close look at the Vette....

The driver is still "sitting" inside, you can still see his arm .

And the back of the trailer has a small blood splatter where his head impacted the back of the truck.......

Many years ago, I was touring Devon (UK) in an original mini. The backroads are very narrow lanes with passing spaces, often with high banked sides. The grass growing on the banks was very long, brushing both sides of the car. I spaced out for a split second and wandered a little too far into the grass on the passengers side.

Don't know what I hit, but suddenly we driving on two wheels.

I hadn't really given much thought as to how to get a car down from that situation befor. I remember trying to figure it out as caught glimpses of asphalt going past side window. I turned the steering wheel and we came down. Got it right luckily and didn't hit the banks. The car needed a new steering rack and my (now ex) wife had a bump on the head.

I don't think it would have been so easy if I had been on the high side. I would have been more panicked, maybe even knocked out of my seat. An airbag would have prevented any chance of getting control again.

BobD