Note to New Members ×

Hardboots + snowblades = possible ?

Dave ESPI

Line were selling modified Blax/Head boots and Raichle SBs for use with skiboards. Some of thr Raichle SB boots actually had a DIN sole and could be used in regular ski bindings, though I don't know if I'd want to ski in something as soft as SBs.

I think there is a move away from hard boot bindings on skiboards because of the injury risk. I bought a pair of Blax type line boots, that had been used once. The guy messed his knee up first time out on skiboards.

BobD

Check out my profile pic - UPS boots with Atomic snowlerblades. I got them to work with my daughters, but I really don't like them much. The combination of the blades, which don't have great performance to begin with, and the hardboots, which are not meant for skiing, makes for a pretty lame feel IMO. They are convenient if I am in my hardboots, but I would rather just take the time to switch to ski boots and throw on some real skis.

The rumor that I heard years ago was that anything over 99cm was required to have releasable bindings, but under 100cm, releasable bindings are not required. The bindings on snowlerblades are almost all compatible with hardboots.

what their market is like. Is it comparable to to Alpine Snowboarding? Bigger? Smaller? There are certainly a number of different manufacturers out there and I spent a little research time on a Skiboard Forum they are quite passionate about product. Lines and Bombers seem to be THE Bindings of Choice for the core guys but then both are 4X4 which.

I switch straight from my board to the blades if the snow is garbage, or if I'm just having a bad day. Raichle boots make it a little awkward, with a bit more forward lean than a ski boot, but they work fine for me just messing about. I have Salomon blades, but I'm certainly not serious about it - the odd half day here and there and some runs at night, just for a change of pace.

snowblades....the razor scooter of the mountain

snowblades.jpg

scooterbig090600.jpg

I do have a pair of salomon 100cm ones i bought 2-3 years back on ebay. They're alot of fun but are too easy. They pretty much kept me off of skis for a whole year but they aren't nearly stable enough at higher speeds. I use them to teach my friends how to ski now. Works wonders.