Note to New Members ×

Tears in the skin of my Thermoflex

Bobby Buggs

Not sure if I can type this but I have the older thermoflex liners, blue with the red tops. I noticed the bottom where the screws from the toe sole pad come through have worn the blue cloth skin off and made 2 holes. Is there a way to remold these liners with those holes in the skin?

Has this happened to you and how did you deal with it.

Not sure if I can type this but I have the older thermoflex liners, blue with the red tops. I noticed the bottom where the screws from the toe sole pad come through have worn the blue cloth skin off and made 2 holes. Is there a way to remold these liners with those holes in the skin?

Has this happened to you and how did you deal with it.

Yes, back the screws out. I have seen this again and again and again?

Cause. Guys checking to make sure the pads are tight and they tighten the toe pad too tight. Screw point comes through and tears the liner. Squishes through the soft pad rubber.

Solution? Grind the VERY sharp points off the screws or don't go so heavy on the tightening.

I am only guessing, but I don't think it would prevent remolding the liners?

Good "Head's Up" for everyone.

Brian's right on. I had this happen last year at SES and was wondering why my toes were bleeding... and why all my socks were ripped under the toes. Backing the screws out half a turn did the trick. Until the blood part I just figured "no pain no gain", had too much fun riding :)

tom.

I dabbed some epoxy on my holes and I remoulded them once afterwards without any problem. Shoe Goo, I think, would melt in the heat of an oven.

Reckless speculation. That is kind of liking saying that Chuck Norris doesn't kick a$$ anymore, or that he would not be able to with if he had one hand tied behind his back.

:angryfire . And we don't want to make Chuck mad do we? :eplus2:

I don't want to be responsible if your liners melt into a gooey mess at the bottom of your oven, but my liners had a small tears (not sure if they were as deep as yours) and they remolded fine.

I don't know what's in there, when I looked into mine it looked like fancy expandy foam, not fancy amorphous jello (otherwise I guess you'd get a big loose bag of goo when you baked the liner, instead of a puffy still-foot-shaped thing), so I am pretty sure it will be fine.