Note to New Members ×

Donek Blade

Recon

Anyone out there tried one of these ????????

Donek blade advertisment ! http://www.donek.com/

Euro-carving, extreme carving – whatever you call it, making turn after turn with your body laid out in the snow is just plain fun. Our new Blade series boards feature a wide shape, tuned geometry and 3 distinct flex patterns per size for the ultimate in stylish carving.

I've got one. The 180M in black. SICK DUDE!!! I love the width, I ride really low angles now, well, atleast for me they're low. 52 front and rear, dead center on the sidecut. I finally was able to ride it in some ok hardpack last week...this thing rips. I'm 6'2", 195, and the medium is plenty stiff. FYI...this motha makes BIG turns at speed. 14m sidecut. Don't get me wrong, you can still do some pretty tight turns, but once you gain a good amount of speed, you can easily lay one out for a few seconds. Never once did I feel like the nose might fold, or come close to loosing an edge. I have noticed that the harder the snow, the better it performs. In the soft stuff, it makes some major trenches. If you have the means.....DO IT! And if you go with TD2's...get the suspension kit for them.

I just got 1 too. Same board 180 medium flex only I have the red race carve graphics. Lots of fun. Is not as turny as my other alpine boards but is fun. I have ridden it 2 days so far. I am 5'10" and 195. I like it better now that I tuned it with a 1degree base bevel and 1 degree side-was catching edges a little bit with the factory tune of o degrees base and no edge bevel. If you get 1 ride it with the boot and binding set up you are used to .I tried it at first with both bindings flat and it felt weird. Am riding td 1's yellow bumpers with 3 degrees front and 6 degrees rear. Angles 50 front 45 rear. Can't fully ec yet but that is my problem and not the board. The board is fun to ride even if you don't ec. I also am riding a wide stance-21 inches it just feels good on this board and keeps my knees apart . More fun to ride than the standard skinny race boards and carves as hard as you want. I may not go back to riding my 19 cm waisted boards. This 1 is 23 I think.

Neil sez:

The Blade is Donek's board designed for laid-out carving, so it's got a little longer sidecut than typical. The 170 has a 12.25 m sidecut, so it's going to be quite a bit less turny than your Alp. If you're happy with that, goferit.

check it out:

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?p=123451#post123451

• 1 month later...
Why? I love my 16m Madd 180.

Mabey I should say in the mid atlantic.

your trails in Maine are wider than ours down here in penna. very very narrow here..

I very much enjoy the wider scr when its a little more open or less people.

not complaining.. just I need a wider trail to EC.

I rode my blade all day the other day when there was few people.

great board all in all