Note to New Members ×

Newest fringe sport: hangboard

Dan

Does anyone else see the irony of participants of one fringe sport dissing another fringe sport? How would you guys react if this same discussion was happening on a freestyle snowboarding forum with the regulars making fun of alpine?

I don't think hangboarding will be my thing, but I welcome all mountain users that don't run into me!

Does anyone else see the irony of participants of one fringe sport dissing another fringe sport? How would you guys react if this same discussion was happening on a freestyle snowboarding forum with the regulars making fun of alpine?

I don't think hangboarding will be my thing, but I welcome all mountain users that don't run into me!

BINGO!!

except for snowboarders!... oh wait....?

yeah I can't understand why someone on here would give him sh*t about it. Its another way to go down the mtn. My feel is that you can never know too many ways to get down and just do what works best for you. If you ever go demo in the Northeast next year, let us know.

I was just making fun of how these things look in action, I mean come on, who can resist poking a little?

I have strong doubts that I would want one at a crowded ski resort full of self absorbed skiers and autistic jibbers. Wrecks would be gnarly and deadly.

HOWEVER I'm not knocking how it might feel. I mean the the whole Superman flying with a boogie board sensation.... it's gotta feel pretty good.

Down low you could probably go 70+ on the thing...Yowza, Just go Heli or take a Snowcat and put a big powder/freeride deck on it. You could probably get enought speed to go up and over the next ridge like a rollercoaster.

Good luck, Hangboarder.