Note to New Members ×

Sunapee on 1/25

GeoffV

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff,

I started carving this year & live about 45 minutes south of Sunapee. Is there a regular Thursday thing going on? What time of day? I am looking for some inspiration -- am progressing OK on my own but could probably learn a lot faster from seeing others....

Michael

we get there early and ride till our weekend warrior legs give out.

if even half the guys show up there will be a pretty big knowledgebase to help you out.

I'm in... I'll have the wife with me so I don't know how much time I'll be able to ride with the crew but we'll be on the same hill at least.

We are heading up this weekend so I'll post what the conditions are before the Pats game at least...

Paul

I don't know what DHL was smoking, the tracking info online said 21lbs. But alas, there was just my one board. And I'm not risking the binding swap, sorry.

Prior metal is going back to the factory for the pseudo-recall. I'm "down" to my Madd 180 and 158 now.

not necessarily asking for demo if that's what ya meant by binding swap-so, what was in the box ?

158 f3 was in the box. But it has brass inserts, so I don't want to be unmounting/mounting it too much. Just wanted to establish that up front!

what's the recall on the prior ? what size is it/was it ?

Well, it's not really a recall, but mine is a 177 and it was made before the remedy was discovered for the metal topsheet catching/banging on stuff and subsequently delaminating. The remedy, which they will do under warranty is to chamfer the edge of the topsheet. *shrug*

Rode today in the friggin' cold. Great snow, solid base. storm maybe on Thursday? Still to far out for a definite forecast. Lynx is open and fast, currently blowin on Hansen Chase. Some spotty rocks coming up but very minor and visible enough to try to avoid. Lots of snow whales=lots of good long distance downhill air especially in the bowl. I'm gonna try to get out for Thursday morning maybe an hour or two early then I'm gone, new job is great but Mon-Fri turns me back into a weekend warrior. I looked for Paul but didn't see any other carvers(Sun). There are now only a few slopes still not open, Flying Goose :(, goose bumps, a couple in the terrain park and the top half of Ridge. Catarac is wide open :1luvu: side to side and should be everyones first run on Thurs(triplechair). Snow was very firm and even my hardest carves were only going in maybe 1/2" to inch. Good cord but the Sunday crowd(3rd lot by 11am) started to ski it down to boilerplate only in critical areas. Very cold this weekend and they are still blastin away with the guns. I'm gonna beg to get those 2 hours on Thurs so I hope to see some of you guys there at the lift at 9am ready to ride(as always). I'll check this thread late in the week to see who's gonna ride and again we may see the infamous Jack Michaud :eplus2: back to get another lesson on big air and hard turns from EZE. :p

Love and Carves

EZE

Eric I saw you from above twice in the bowl today. Is that a new board? We were there sat and sun Great snow sat not as firm. Today was a little brisk in the a.m. The guns were blazin! Hope you can make it thursday... I hate when work gets in the way of life.

Paul