Note to New Members ×

Head boots and TD1 step-ins - making them work

skategoat

You can grind down the heel receiver. Search the site, a post or two will get into this alittle. My son wants to go to step-in with his Pro's, I think i will grind the receiver before the boot (?), $15 vs $300.

huh? did I read that correctly?

you're going to compromise the metal rather than grinding away some plastic?

:confused::confused::confused:

the new head boots seem to have a larger indent for the intec receiver. Doesnt seem to be an issue

I'd grind boot before binding, without question. should only require a tiny bit of material removal. A chisel might work better as you can shape the cut exactly like the intec receiver.

its easy to grind the boot. there's tons of material there so you aren't compromising anything. Its a 5 minute job. Put the boots into the binding w/out griding. You'll have to press hard to get them in. Then you'll have little marks in the boot plastic that'll show you where you need to grind.

I can post pics on the weekend if anyone needs them.

Nevermind. I found some old pics that I think were posted before. On the right you can see the mark, on the left the boot has been marked to be ground a bit.

biglines_70423.jpg