Note to New Members ×

BTS Tuning

paappraiser

For those lucky souls that have the BTS...

I have not ridden my BTS yet, so as a rule of thumb how much preload (if any) should you sart with? a few twists?

I had very little if any on my RABS. But the Bts is a little different.

On the foward lean , anybody have any suggestions for how many twists approximatly equal what (the pin settings on the raichle) ?

Just looking for some thoughs.

For forward lean setting I took a sharpie marker and drew a line under the boot cuff at the different adjuster settings before I took them off the boot. Then I just adjusted the nuts on the BTS to match the line on the boot. For preload I started out with very little. I think I have 3 threads showing on the top. Maybe a couple turns on the bottom. I figured I would start as soft as possible and add preload if I felt like I needed it. Min preload should allow maximum travel.

I also adjusted the BTS so the length was the same as it was with the old mechanism.

For me, the middle position on the original Raichle mechanism was equivalent to the BTS with the top nut as high (loose) as it will go without popping off the end of the bolt and the bottom nut as high (compressed) as it will go.

• 1 month later...
Guest sandarapark

just got my BTS today 2 replace the forwardlean position i busted a 5 days ago.

BUT i don't really know how to adjust these things.

here's the deal:

both BTS have been instaled on the boots but i don't know which nut (above or below) i should tinker with to adjust the forward lean.

whta is the nut on the boottom for?

the one above?

another thing... i have a problem with the other BTS...whenever i turn the nut, the entire thing turns with it...what do i do?

thanks

just got my BTS today 2 replace the forwardlean position i busted a 5 days ago.

BUT i don't really know how to adjust these things.

here's the deal:

both BTS have been instaled on the boots but i don't know which nut (above or below) i should tinker with to adjust the forward lean.

whta is the nut on the boottom for?

the one above?

another thing... i have a problem with the other BTS...whenever i turn the nut, the entire thing turns with it...what do i do?

thanks

This should all be explained in the instructions... you did read them right? :biggthump The top nut is the adjustment for the toeside - tighten for more pre-load (resistance) on toeside spring. Bottom nut is for heelside. Current recommendation is use a marker to mark the position of the upper boot cuff when you had your old forward lean adjusted the way you like, then tighten the bottom and top boots until the boot returns to that position. Tighten the bottom nut to tilt the boot forward.

Guest sandarapark

so bottom nut is for forwrd lean adjustment

and the top one is for adjusting the stiffness?

did i understand it right?

thanks a lot... these are the kind of things i ca'nt figure out all by my self....

Another way to think of it:

-The closer the top and bottom nuts are to each other, the stiffer the flex will be and the less travel you'll have

-move both nuts up to have more forward lean

-move both nuts down to have less forward lean

If you find the correct stiffness but want to change the forward lean, turn both top and bottom nuts an equal amount of turns up or down. Turning just one nut (either one) will affect both the stiffness and the forward lean.