Note to New Members ×

Madd 168 BX

Guest sierra

Guest sierra

Madd 168 BX w/carbon butterfly for sale. This board is named "Gonzo" and I believe that it is a first year BX model. I purchased it from Shaggy at the end of the 2004 season - I think they were using it as a demo. It is in excellent shape but has minor depressions in the p-tex under the inserts. It has about 3 snow days on a full PTC tune/edge job. It also has a cosmetic blemish line on the carbon. I have photos but could not load them into the post due to sizing? This board is an all-terrain, all-conditions animal that generates endless commentary in liftlines.

$350 shipped.

This is indeed a luscious board - I got one at the end of last season, and it's turning into a quiver-killer. I've only gotten four days this year, and this has been my board of choice for 3 of them: it's got enough surface to float powder (as long as it's not too deep/fluff), and it rails the groomers like there's no tomorrow. Though I have a hunch it would be even sweeter for someone bigger than me, it's a good stiffness for me at 150 pounds: I can either jump on it, drive the turns and flex the board a lot with my legs, or ride fairly mellow, making sidecut radius turns.

A note on binding placement: there's a fair amount of setback on the binding inserts. Madd knows what they're doing when they placed them there - I'd recommend setting your stance to be centered on the inserts.

At first I had my bindings placed so my stance was centered about 1 inch ahead of the center of the effective edge (standard initial setup for me thanks to advice from Bryan), but the board misbehaved terribly like that. Moving my stance back to be centered on the inserts made a beauty out of the beast.

Guest sierra

Madd BX is sold. Many thanks to those who were interested. Congrats to Gleb who will have a ball on this beast. Someone should warn the local community about the impending terror about to descend on Wachusett... :biggthump

No doubt Willy Whit,

I'm up for some Wha Wha Wednesdays...I didn't renew my pass last year after a few straight liners decided to take a ride over the topsheet of my FC171. I have a renewed spirit though with my two new Madds, 163 BX and 158 Alpine. I feel like these boards have pushed me onto the next level. But I'll definately need some input from the Wednesday night crew seeing that this 158 is way beyond my riding ability. I got stopped by ski patrol up in Sunday River...after a quick apology for going too fast...I asked him how I looked. The Ski Patrol guy smiled and said real smooth and fluid. Sweet! Love the Madds...Every east coast rider should have one in the collection. Later - John