Note to New Members ×

Want to Buy 158 Madd!

Chris Houghton

Hi Chris,

I'm not sure you remember me, but I met you at the ECES at Sugarloaf. (I think you came over for lasagne one night.)

I have a 158 Killer Loop that's never been ridden. It doesn't have the plate that the Madd does, nor the prestigious Madd name, but I think the sidecut and size dimensions are identical. A friend of mine has the identical board, and loves it.

Let me know if you're interested, and I'll send you complete specs and a picture.

Happy New Year!

Mike Tokar

mwtokar@verizon.net

Hey there,

Just wanted to give you some input on the Madd 158. It is sometimes hard to buy something without trying it first. I purchased three Madd snow boards this past June 2006 and just got the opportunity to try two of the three Madd boards due to the lack of snow here in the Northeast. I have the 158 alpine and, 163 BX, and 158 twin tip. I've been riding for 17 years and I recently got back into the alpine scene with a Donek 171 FC1. That board is unbelievable and brought my riding ability to a entirely different level. We'll after riding Sunday River this past week up in Maine...I have to admit that the Madd snowboards are the most unbelievable weapon for east coast riding. These boards especially the 158 alpine pushed me over the plateau and raised my confidence so much. These boards are incredibly fast and stable at high speed. The 158 is a lot easier to manuever through crowds as well which makes it so appealing.

The morale of the story is, wait for the board and don't go out and buy something just to get it. I fortunately live in the same area as these guys and I got to cherry pick all three boards in the basement of their house. The guys at Madd are extremely enthuisiatic and are a real pleasure to work with. Put your name in for a new one...you won't be disappointed. - John

Don't worry JGU, I am certain Mr. Houghton is quite familiar with the performance of the latest Madd 158SLs as well as the classic version from the mid nineties. He is quite smart to seek one of these out. One of the best short boards EVER, by FAR! :biggthump

Thanks Bob - I actually sail with Banker on the Vineyard sometimes, and he talked to me about racing on Madds this year, but I passed due to the narrow widths and the lengths available. He's kind of hard to get a hold of too...I'll try again. I may end up at the Wachusett USASA GS Sunday depending on what is cancelled up here and/or if they run down there - I hear there are Madd people down that way! ;)

there certainly are!

if you come down sunday give me a call, 978 895 2714

I'll make some turns with you for sure, though I have been taking it real easy so I don't junk a knee or anything before my trip west in couple weeks

there certainly are!

if you come down sunday give me a call, 978 895 2714

I'll make some turns with you for sure, though I have been taking it real easy so I don't junk a knee or anything before my trip west in couple weeks

Will do, bobdea. No problem Chris ... BTW Chris is looking to buy a Madd 158!! :D

• 3 weeks later...