Note to New Members ×

Sharks

Guest siera

Hi,

I've been doing snowboard for 7 years and I decided to switch to alpine snowboarding. This fall I bought a used board and bindings (oxygen proton sl / snowpro). Now I need to buy boots (new).

Yesterday I spoke with my uncle who's been doing snowboard since the late '80s (he still has a Burton Performer Elite in his basement). He curently rides a hard boot setup but it's getting old (about 15 years). So he started to shop for new setup. He went to a few places, including Sharks. There, the salesman told him they didn't sell hard boots anymore?!

I was really surprised because I thought Sharks was THE place to go for hard boots near Montreal and I was thinking about going there to buy my boots.

So, was the salesman completely ignorant or did Sharks stop selling hard boots? If so, is there another good shop around Montreal for hard boots?

Thanks,

siera

I'm quite surprised that the salesman told you that too. We're (www.yyzcanuck.com) the Canadian distributor for DeeLuxe alpine snowboard boots and La Boutique Sharks is a dealer for us. Yes, something is wrong... they do have boots, boards and bindings in stock. Please telephone them (450)663-5543 and ask for Michel (owner) and explain the situation to him. For sure, Sharks is THE place for hardboot equipment in the Montreal area.

He probably spoke to the wrong person. Sharks has plenty of new hard boots, bindings and boards. Like Andrea said, speak to Michel. Sharks is a little expensive, but they are one of the few places that sell alpine snowboard equipement. You can check my website for more information about other shops in Montréal.

I have a pair of oxygen boots laying around, I think they are size 10. Might help to get you started. If they are your size, I'll give you a good price.

You might want to check with obsession, oberson and Perfomance in St-Sauveur, they all had older boots still sleeping on their floors.

Like Ernie said, you can try Obshop in Laval or Montreal... they still have stuff from the past years. I bought a pair of Burton boots last year for a really good price. They want to get rid of everything since it's been in storage for 3-4 years now.

Michel at Sharks is a hardbooter so i would be really surprised he stops selling hardboot gear! :biggthump He knows he is the only one in the area though.... so you gotta pay big bucks.

I would rather buy from BOL or yyzcanuk !

All the stuff from Obsession was moved to Montréal, nothing left in Laval. They have Burton boots. If you go there, be ready to negociate, they sometimes ask too much for NOS equipment. Oberson still has some Head boots, it should be negociable since they are getting rid of it.

Hey guys,

I just went to sharks tonight and they carry Prior (WCR / AWD), Vokl and F2 snowboards !!

They also have a few boots aswell (Deeluxe, I didnt see any Suzuka)

They also have Deeluxe and Intec bindings.. They dont carry Bomber but have Catek (wich are really $$$)

Anyway, there is alot of stuff to look at, I guess they were a few Hot Blast but didnt see them (they usually carry those hammer boards :P)