Note to New Members ×

So My Ski Park just opened!!! And I already screwed my board

Vandalrob08

My ski park just opened and I was riding my new Custom Donek GS board (Construction upgrade and everything) for the first time. I rode for 4 hours and then I was on my last run of the day with some of my friends. We stopped half way down the run and then started again. two turns after I started this guy i'm with who is a good snowboarder runs right into me going moderately fast. I look at the back of my board and there is like a 3 inch delamination of the topsheet. Then I took a closer look and near the very end of the Metal Edge were it meets the rest of the board is also delaminated. My local shop guy said that he could repair the topsheet easy but he hasn't seen the other delam yet. The worst part is my Race season starts in 3 weeks and I sould every board in my quiver to get two new Doneks. So basically unless this is an easy fix I am done for.

:barf: :barf: :barf::eek: :eek: :eek::angryfire :angryfire :angryfire:smashfrea :smashfrea :smashfrea

RaceBoarder7,

i too have wrecked a brand new donek on the first day out. i bent the tail, bent the base, and had dirt in between layers of the board.

i sent pictures to sean, and then sent the board in to him to repair. he repaired the board beautifully! i'd talk to sean, and see what he has to say about the damage.

-trent

The dude who hit you owes you for repairs at a minimum, replacement if necessary.

I broke a guy's board a few seasons ago. Slightly different scenario - we'd swapped boards and I was riding his. It was a total accident (unlike yours where it sounds negligent) and I broke his brand new Coiler. I bought him a new one - thankfully Bruce didn't charge me full price for the replacement. I still felt bad since he had to wait a few months for a replacement. We're still friends, that's more valuable than what I paid to replace a broken Coiler.

Guest SAVEtheSWALLOWTAIL

that sucks! don't know if the other dude would owe you another board but it sounds like you killed her. i doubt that anything a shop could do would work more than a couple days for what you would put her thru. maybe write a nice letter to the company and show them photos of your unfortunate accident and maybe they would give you a deal on a replacement?

what exactly happened in this crash?

I'd ****ing kill him, really, I mean it

I'd say the best solution is to ask the Sean@donek to look at it and see what he thinks

I feel your pain though, I beat up my board last night with all of three days on it

Bobdea, are you beating your boards again...and you just met...I thought you had reformed!

That sucks, but why ride a new board on/near opening day? Where's the rock board?
and I sould every board in my quiver to get two new Doneks.

Nuff said?

Yeah, I'd give Senor Donek a call, he might offer you a deal on replacement, or at least point you in the right direction to get high-quality repairs done (most likely send it back to him). Good luck, that really sucks the big floppy donkey dick.