Note to New Members ×

What kind of board do you guys use for the powder days??

yamifumi

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking of noboard, i saw an article of it in snowboard life magazine (if i got it right). Or was that snowboard journal? anyways, current issue, tho.

as for powder, depends. if deep powder, i pull out my 172 gun and ride with softies. normal powder, id use my 159 lib tech. otherwise, if im race training, and i ahve to go thru powder, you bet i have rip it with my madd 158, td2 and upz. works great to my surprise!

Dupraz D1 179-rode it today at Loveland on the ridge and all over. The best board for me to ride in powder ever. Carves well on the groomers too. I don't see how any other board could beat it. Will be buying another one when this one is shot. Had to get it repaired as I hit a buried rock today- oh well if you are riding all mountain you are going to hit things from time to time. That is the price you pay for riding powder but well worth it. The Dupraz is a super versatile board that rips in powder!

Guest thomas_m

Dupraz D1 or Tanker 200 depending on terrain and how I feel. Usually the D1 if it's steep & treed which is most everything here. If it's _really_ deep, I 'd take the Tanker regardless.

Guest SAVEtheSWALLOWTAIL

On regular days and early season I ride an older nitro natruarls 178. The older model was made by volkl in germany. the newer ones were made in austria at the elan factory and suck compared to the GmbH ones. I have a pile of back ups thank god!

On the powder days I break out the swallowtails. On epic days it is the custom Drew Hicken 196. She is a boat. Sucks on groomers and has a super soft spoon as all true powder boards should have. The effective edge on this one is way bigger than most other swallows that teke off at the bends. It lays flat till the end. I get about 15 days a season on Christy.

We are spoiled here in Montana. Most yuppies freak out because of the overcast conditions but it preserves the powder for several days. After the epic dump. I size down to a 181 2007-2008 saber pow nitro. This little devil is a Ferrari. She is poppy out of the compression and launches you out of the powder. The nose never falls and the tails can take a tweaking. This board is the product of years of refinement. Leah is the best swallowtail I have ever owned in ten years of riding the strange beasts.

On the pre season days where you might just blow a board. I use older swallowtails that are held together with epoxy and superglue. Diana, my custom pogo was blown to bits by a tree opening day. She saved my leg from doom! Will burn her for Ullr next year at the pray for snow party.

The wintersick swallowtail design is nice and all but belongs in utah and that is all. the regressive ass on her is nice like a pin tail but doesnt let you float as much. The spoon is way too big and floppy.

The burton fish is a joke for people who cant ride powder. You will see it die as did the winterstick roundtail plus didn in the early 80's. This design is crap. regressive sidecuts are for retards. This is just my opinion......

If your swallowtail sucks on the groomers or carving around. It is because the rider is the problem. Sure you will need to go on a groomer once in a while, but you shouldn't enjoy it on a true swallowtail. If you are carving on your swallowtail you need to go see a doctor for your mental disorder. This will kill the life of your board and can easily destroy a fragile swallowtail. I also like to find traditional bindings with the most flexible base plates on them to prevent pinch cracks and splits on the FRAGILE flexible swallowtails.

I have owned pogo, prior, winterstick, nitro, rossignol and A swallowtails and use them as my primary weapon in a war that last about 100 days a season. Go for the nitro if you can find one. Keep her off the damn groomer.

If you want to ride swallowtails in Montucky email me.

PRAY TO ULLR FOR SNOW!

nick

Two posts and you're already calling people names... perhaps you should go out and ride a bit more? Or spend more time with people or something?

"GmbH" doesn't actually separate Austrian companies from German.

The burton fish is a joke for people who cant ride powder.

Now there you're entirely correct - it certainly makes me laugh riding mine. Well not riding it, by your definition.

regressive sidecuts are for retards. This is just my opinion......

I'm not sure what a "Regressive Sidecut" is. A haircut for "retards" or something? The Fish has a 30mm taper: is that what you're trying to talk about?

Guest SAVEtheSWALLOWTAIL

well hell. i guess i dont ride as much as you. you are probably way better in the powder.

there is progressive and regressive sidecut. taper is the name for the geometric bla bla of it all.

the fish is also too damn small and aft loaded. made for people who havent had the chance to ride a swallowtail and are intimidated at the design as most freeriders are afraid of alpine guns. they are dynamic skidded turn machines that cause bad habits. in my professional opinion burton boards are made for the lowest common denominator. butt i could be wrong.

its fun to pick on retards.:AR15firin

Guest SAVEtheSWALLOWTAIL

The acronym 'GmbH', which is written after the name of the company, designates a company as private in Germany. The letters stand for Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung which, translated literally, means a 'company with limited liability'. GmbH companies are incorporated and, as such, are legal entities unto themselves. These companies must have a minimum of two partners and may be, but do not have to be, owned by a public company.

Austrian made boards will never bear this mark.

First, I thought we were talking about sidecut... Now, we're talking about sidewalls?

What is a regressive sidewall?

A regressive sidewall is a sidewall that will not act its age; and in addition, is becoming dumber instead of smarter. Kind of like I am from thinking about this.

:sleep: