Note to New Members ×

Montana

Dr D

• 2 weeks later...

screamin fast snow today. Tried the Shred special today and didn't die:biggthump

I was not however particularly graceful. much tweaking to go before I figure out the sweet spot and angles unless shred is willing to cough up a few secrets.

I felt like I was in the backseat all day and the nose was bouncing a lot so I moved everything forward and hopefully that will help next time out:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I have been exiled to Nebraska for the last ten days so I haven't been up in a while. It is raining in the valley but the snow line is low enough it ought to be fantastic. I will be up there tomorrow to find out. The snow we have had is early and great but not providing complete coverage. there have been two good snows since I was up there though.

http://www.bigmtn.com/index.php?a=sr/main

6 inches plus of nice fluffy powder. A little crowded (@#%$$ canadians:D )

hero groomers until they became tracked up later in the day. I rode the 4807 some and had a blast. The groomers were a little choppy in the afternoon so the DONEK amputator seemed to be a bad idea:lol: I carved the GARAGE until they shut down the summit for the night. BEST day so far. looks like the winter is officialy on!!!!

Oh yeah and the fog is mysteriously absent this year for some reason. not complaining mind you:freak3:

Dr. D

I mounted it more to the nose since it has been chopped ...its deciving because there should be more length to the nose than there is so by the eye move it forward then you can ride central over the board try not to back seat it...stay central..see if that helps..

I be there shortly to show ya!! :rolleyes:

but I will try.:biggthump

I was in powder up to my chest yesterday. It really was incredible. twelve plus inches of fresh and the areas of the mtn where the wind pushed the snow really got deep. Good medicine was filling in your tracks so fast that it was a fresh run every time. I hit the glades off the TBAR on top and bailed once into the fresh head first I was in to my waist:D

Lost a lot of energy gettting right side up again but thats the breaks.

It has been snowing all day today so It is probably even better.

eight inches in the last twenty four hours

27 inches in the last week

http://www.bigmtn.com/index.php?a=sr/main

Doc, sounds like a great weekend.....I needed to hear this to get stoked for the trip. Back here in the East, I had to make lemonade out of lemons yesterday..Low pressure from the south brought tropical rain, winds and southwest wind swell to the beaches in Rhode Island...Almost perfect conditions for surfing on a 65 degree January day... :)

I think I was on BIg MTN today! Not completely sure since I rolled past a mcdonalds and a fishing boat and maybe the remnants of the ark.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Full on thick as crap cut it with a knife goop up there today.

Hero snow though!:biggthump

hopefully its a passing front. It has been nice in the valley most of the winter we have no snow at my home or office. the north valley has a foot or so. its been in the 40s for weeks except at night. But the mountain is above the snow line and has recieved new snow almost nightly for over 2 weeks. Its a nice compromise I guess.