Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

We didn't leave Wells until almost noon. Rode in from Ogt. Rd. Up second from the north and the up Mt A. via chestnut oak and Fern. The wet made climbing difficult. Roots and slick rock were like ice. I saw one other bike in 4 hours.

My friend got separated and ended up riding out to Flo's in York, while I rode around looking for him. I finally gave up and rode back out to the north via Second Hill. 28 miles. I wasn't planning on an epic.

Guy! you shudda run it as a single!!

I think I hit 2500 cals in one ride. I got back and ate ice cream, banana, a pizza, a beer, a marg, some watermelon, chips and guacamole.

You gonna go with the X9 this time since the X0 is pretty spendy for a disposable.

I wish I was there last night when they played strange days.

Guy! you shudda run it as a single!!
no chain break i'm a tool :smashfrea
I think I hit 2500 cals in one ride. I got back and ate ice cream, banana, a pizza, a beer, a marg, some watermelon, chips and guacamole.
attaboy!!!
You gonna go with the X9 this time since the X0 is pretty spendy for a disposable.
tracking down X9 and dropout
I wish I was there last night when they played strange days.
RAGTIME!!!

like i have a long wick to begin with !!! :mad:

friday picked up the bike for the 15hr complimentary tune from the bike shop. figured it would be a good time to do, while i was IR, and chomping at the bit to get back out. i explained to the 4th tech to fix the bike for the same problem, and i hoped he could fix it. said it shifted great on the stand! :smashfrea then take it on the flat asphalt test drive in the parking lot again, seemed okay. its not like i can get on it right now, so me testing it is useless, until i get on a trail.

saturday morning 1st ride in over 6 weeks, i was at otis afb in bourne, boring, flat and easy, but pumped to be back on the saddle. 1st hill, same problem, the fhukkin thing will not stop skipping out, and ghost shifting. know when i say hill i mean maybe 20 ft of vert, long and graduall pitch. i couldn't believe it. since ive had this bike, 5-6 rides total, with 5-6 trips to the shop.

so i brought it back this morning, told the same story to the 4th person down there. they took a look at it again, same thing all set. the thing came lose, just tightened the cable, your all set! bring it down to big river in the flat as fhuck state of rhode island. 1st hill, same thing. how could the cable have loosened up in the 25 minute ride to the trail. i transport my bike standing up with two nylon ratchet straps, all that the strap's touch on the bike is the seat post, and the gusett right around the headset.

for a "sledgehammer" it seems to be a marketing scam to me. i can't even get this bike to the good stuff at some of these places and to use it the way it was built for. i must have missed the memo, that i had to take classes at ITT tech to keep this thing running. what a joke! i understand going thru it after a coupel rides and tightening the hardware, etc, etc.

wtf do i do? call santa cruz direct, go to another santa cruz dealer, but this is bull$hit. if i go to another dealer, how much are they gong to want to help me, if i bought the bike elsewhere. i rode the wheels off my canondale for 3 seasons, this $hit never happened.

heres the history of this bike shop and this bike.

1st day i go to pick it up, pick out the pedals and turn the pedals for the 1st time, and the pedals aren't clearing the rear frame :eek: they forgot to install some spacers in the crank. :freak3::freak3:

go back 2 days later, the spacers fixed, bring the bike home. my first pedal, the rear derailer bends in and the bike wont pedat at all ?? call them immediatly and get accused of transporting the bike wrong. bring it back that night, they all looked shocked. wrong size derailer, they then put on a smaller one, that was supposed to go on the bike in the 1st place, and then cut the chain to size ???

since then the bike can climb an ant hill without skipping out and ghost shifting up a gear. just what i need to pedal harder and put more strain on my hip.

Get a bike stand and learn to tune yourself, It will save you a ton of hassles. Of course, when your stem comes loose in the first turn of a short track race on a new build and you are not carrying any tools, you can only yell at yourself for so long.....

good luck on the bike and your recovery. I have had good luck with my SC's

Stevo, squats are in the low 400's.

I'll go back to my own thread now

mario

gretch, i might be i'll have to check.

so i finally had the balls to hop on a scale friday in over 6 weeks, 204lbs. up 10, and i thought it would be worse thank god !

gfy's amd save me some hotdogs!

hey the wif just piped in and is wondering if you're exceeding the weight limit of your new rig. :AR15firin:lol:

super mario, not mad at the bike, ive been drooling over the sc's for 3 years now, i just need it to work.

how are runes calf's looking ?

:barf:

jd that's bullsh!t it's a brand new mf'n bike! get outta wankerville and take it to a good indy like GuyFatha ShadeTree Bike Repair...pay him in venison jerky and he'll fix it up

nice mario, haven't had 405 on my back in a few years. i'm under 240 now, send sum high cal bbq out east quick!

i'm under 240 now, send sum high cal bbq out east quick!

Wish I could, the nieghbors show up @ my door with knives ,forks, bibs and an insane look on their faces when they smell the smoker goin. I barely had any

last batch I whipped up

Jd, haven't seen em yet, he's been keepin em under wraps, dunno what thats about

I never knew Chris Farley rode a rice burner.

There's a constant rumble in the air but so far things are pretty tame. I've been camped out on rt 3 near Squam Lake with a "Show Us Your T*TS" sign and haven't had much action yet. Although I've been getting lots of dirty looks from the gray haired "On Golden Pond" wannabes driving by in their MB & BMW suv's. Looking forward to the weekend when it'll be much warmer and many more yahoos in the area.

I'm still waiting to see Stevo and da wif cruise by in their "colors". Do you think that guy has a "1%er" patch?? :eek:

:lol:enzo it's like going to the mall now isn't it....all RUB's :barf: the edge is gone.

jd that guy looks like our truck driver on his scoot the fat fcuk. he called me the other day to tell me he had an accident and would be late getting back to the shop...i told him to make sure he got a police report....he said it wasn't that kind of accident and that he had to go home and change his skivvies!! guess what, all those polish jokes are true!!!!!!

we should change our patch to a true 3 piece with top and bottom rockers we can add:

post-1848-141842316633_thumb.jpg

amk, did you end up going with jonny mchickmagnet cross county on his moped ?

that's got to be brutal........................ tasting all of those bugs !

im bringing bud limelights, to the beach. enzo don't forget your tanning oil, hopefully theres some left when your done lubbing up ! deer hunta can play cabana boy again with the fresh sqeezed mi-tai's! steves all over the budwheat-thins! :eek:

GFY'S !

hey jd,

nop, wasn't invited or asked. Who needs extra weight?.

Don't get burn out there.

PS u not gonna believe it but today at my work guy who looks like you showed up. My eyes was like @!@, not kidding so like a like.

But when I saw tattoos I knew it's not u. Man, that was just something, u got there brother.

How summer going?

"I'd rather have my ass kicked by a roomful of people than go out to this dinner," He pauses a beat.<O:p</O:p

"Unfortunately," he adds, "no one in this room could do it."<O:p</O:p

His slate-blue eyes have the unsettling ability to drill down when they lock on you. If you've f u c k ed up or disappointed him, they can destroy your soul without the need for him to raise his voice. <O:p</O:p

He went out on dozens of nighttime raids during his time in Iraq, unprecedented for a top commander, and turned up on missions unannounced, with almost no entourage. "The f u c k ing lads love Stan McChrystal," says a British officer who serves in Kabul. "You'd be out in Somewhere, Iraq, and someone would take a knee beside you, and a corporal would be like 'Who the f u c k is that?' And it's f u c k ing Stan McChrystal."<O:p</O:p

The general hates fancy restaurants, rejecting any place with candles on the tables as too "Gucci." He prefers Bud Light Lime (his favorite beer) to Bordeaux<O:p</O:p

THE MF GENERAL AND I WILL BE BRINGING OUR FAVORITE BEER SAT- GFY3X he may have some extra time on his hands this w/e

thats funny, i was just on the phone with an old friend from college and she saw this goon on t.v, ultimate fighting in the octagon, she said she was convinced it was me, until they announced his name. last week the ex-wif said i looked like this tennis player rafael nadal, etc, etc. so i looked him up and i couldn't believe my eyes. richard grecko, etc, etc. i get it all the time.

summer is very busy as always, cant wait until the fall already, 3rd day of summer, too hot and too busy!

how's brooklynn in the summer?

GFY's !

hey jd,

nop, wasn't invited or asked. Who needs extra weight?.

Don't get burn out there.

PS u not gonna believe it but today at my work guy who looks like you showed up. My eyes was like @!@, not kidding so like a like.

But when I saw tattoos I knew it's not u. Man, that was just something, u got there brother.

How summer going?

Did any of ya happen to feel that earth today? They thought it was up in Canookadah. Little does everybody know; it was just me and Mary Palmer and her 5 sisters in my padded room. Helmet well fastened and enjoying my new KY lube!:1luvu:

Wow, I can't believe you posted this. I think staying out of this thread would be your best bet from now on.

Did any of ya happen to feel that earth today? They thought it was up in Canookadah. Little does everybody know; it was just me and Mary Palmer and her 5 sisters in my padded room. Helmet well fastened and enjoying my new KY lube!:1luvu:

looks like someone forgot to register at their local police department today.

take your meds and please crawl back into your parents cellar.