Note to New Members ×

Loon/WV Opening Days

Enzo

Arrived last night 176 AM-T!!!

Just needed a quick tutorial on TD2 base plate set-up. Heel and Toe lift? So they should line up with my angles? I see the notches on the disks and cants. JD straighten me out the last time, to avoid traction... And my brother help me last weekend on his AM. But I think he forgot I was goofy footed, so I'm all messed up now.

Arrived last night 176 AM-T!!!

Just needed a quick tutorial on TD2 base plate set-up. Heel and Toe lift? So they should line up with my angles? I see the notches on the disks and cants. JD straighten me out the last time, to avoid traction... And my brother help me last weekend on his AM. But I think he forgot I was goofy footed, so I'm all messed up now.

enzo is the frigginometry expert!!

If you want to use pure heel lift or toe lift with no cant, align the cant/lift disc with your binding angle, or as close as you can get it. Since the cant/lift disc is rotatable in 5 degree increments, the angle of the cant/lift disc will be no greater than 2.5 degrees away from your binding angle. This will result in an insignificant amount of canting.

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/TD2_setup.cfm

Glenn:

Thanks for setting me straight. I think the saturday blackout is having an effect on me.:D

I upped my game at Pat's last night and Ayotte went home shaking his head to figure some stuff out. The snow is so good for gates right now.

DonHO w/wings: Set it 55F/50R / 19.5 to 20" stance and line the plates up with the angles. If you have run canting before and want some, set the bases at 5 - 10 deg inside of the plate angles (i.e., smaller angles on the front and larger on the rear). You don't need much, if any.

Too much tinkering will earn you a nickname you might not like. Just ask tinkerbell and the princessandthepea.

what i do use pennies, trailmaps and napkins for my fine tuning that i cant achieve with my gaytec's. then i go pbr, and get beeer, then more beeer, and then more beeer. then i got to the granite bah, get beeer then more beeer. then i meet up with roja, rick, rich, matt, heffe, flynie,kevin, mikey, bobby, pauly ova the station, and have just 1 beeer, then i go home around 2am, and im ready to go riding at 8am. :barf:

No tinker-belling here, I'm more of a set-it-and-forget-it. Probably why I was still riding "circa 1992, 16in stance with knees pinned together" Only thing I was missing was my one piece Neveca. It was pretty bad, it took 3 drunk guys can figure it out. Had my S*%T dialed in them my brother needed his AM back. I think I'll figure it out from this info and what I already know. If not you guys will have a good laugh when I see you next, probably not till Feb 28th-29th. Mojo maybe sooner, some midweek stuff. Glad I waited for the Coiler, the thing is wicked pissah, I'll snap some pics and post later.

i'm hoping to get all my tinkering done tonight. I'm planning on taking some test runs tomorrow afternoon. :eplus2:

FH--congrats on the board. just stay clear of Banana Hammock Boy & McChattaStache. there's a 98.7% chance your board will either be chipped or scratched by one of them in the first week of ownership. :AR15firin:freak3:

The snow is still good and pretty firm in places. It's starting to get scratchy on some steeper terrain and on the backside of rollers. That chit catches you by surprise in the flat light. :eek:

7:45AM .... puttin on the pads for the meat gates.

BTW, I think i saw Gleb skiing moguls in a bananna costume at copper on saturday. He's a better skier that I would have thought.

It is true. I probably ski more than I ride, especially on my trips out west that I take every other week or so. I get free plane tickets from all the skymiles I've earned from buying a lifetime supply of fluff and peanut butter.

FH--congrats on the board. just stay clear of Banana Hammock Boy & McChattaStache. there's a 98.7% chance your board will either be chipped or scratched by one of them in the first week of ownership. :AR15firin:freak3:

Bananna-Fluff offers a 100% wreck your sh8T guarantee. He holds an insurance policy backed by the the rock of mackenzie.

They're actually speaking the truth for once.

Banana suit is coming out for this weekend. Will also be there thursday. Whats the turn around on a PTC tune?

Banana suit is coming out for this weekend. Will also be there thursday. Whats the turn around on a PTC tune?

we meet at the South Peak now for crepes and omelets. 7:30 sharp.

the mtn is looking more like late march than early Feb. have fun avoiding the thin cover and choc chips with that fresh ptc tune.

we meet at the South Peak now for crepes and omelets. 7:30 sharp.

the mtn is looking more like late march than early Feb. have fun avoiding the thin cover and choc chips with that fresh ptc tune.

crepes and omelets? No thanks, I'll be full from my 6 hash browns, 2 coffees and a large milk shake McDonalds breakfast. I could bring you guys some...or are you guys trying to watch your girlish figures?

Its looking that bad? I guess I'll pass on PTC till the next storm...

gleb,

the only thing looking bad on a carvin bod at loon is you in those yellow pants, and the blind old drunk you hang out with.

the conditions will be a rockin this weekend! no excuses for t32, run what ya brung, and leave the wrenches at home with the wif, ova! :biggthump

crepes and omelets? No thanks, I'll be full from my 6 hash browns, 2 coffees and a large milk shake McDonalds breakfast. I could bring you guys some...or are you guys trying to watch your girlish figures?

Its looking that bad? I guess I'll pass on PTC till the next storm...

the conditions will be a rockin this weekend! no excuses for t32, run what ya brung, and leave the wrenches at home with the wif, ova! :biggthump

loon tweet is sayin they're blowing snow again to preppy up the place for the mashole vacation week. it was looking pretty slutty on Sunday. you should've seen us...what a sh!tshow...rain at the base, sleet at mid-mountain, and a friggin' blizzard on the Peak. to top it off....stevo showed us his knuckles and forced bud light wine coolers on all of us.

obtw...McChatta is back to his old self training for X-Games Big Air Contest.

see the ting is, is I can't see the jump...in fact I can't see a ting...so I just go as fast as possible and huck ....

I think I'm gonna get the guy a parachute. He's all about gnar hucking and his landings are an afterthought. I was ready to dial 911 after seeing him yardsale twice off of the pstar/rampasture roller. i'm telling ya the guy is Evil KENievel.

stevo showed us his knuckles and forced bud light wine coolers on all of us.

after you left and after stevo and guy fatha buried a bunch more bud lady's we talked guy fatha into running some front foot lift. it's 4 nickels and one dime so can you get out the enzo-matic angle calculator and run the numbas?

You bought us the limecoolers so you wouldn't look silly drinking one by yourself. I had to get a shot of burbon just to wash the taste outta my mouth. Fruit-beer lova!

I stooped by JD's house after the bunyan and his mom said enzo was there earlier turning wrenches on some bords.:eek:

I'll be up there Fri 3-4pm, then Sat/Sun. pretty sure all of the other fellas are mfbo'd. are you gonna be social on the lift or you swinging your hips to Madonna again on the ipod??

dtmfh

Work It,

Make It,

Do It,

Makes Us,

Harder,

Better,

Faster,

Stronger

I was up there today and it wasn't too bad considering the rain, warm weather, and huge holes in snow coverage. There was maybe 100 people total on the whole mountain. Going tomorrow, saturday and sunday as well.

Couldn't believe that my first tests were pretty much over and that I was finally on the mountain. I had alot of ground to make up, so I had McDonalds for breakfast, lunch (we took a quick drive down the road) and dinner, and I wish I was joking. I think I'm going to start tapering off my McDonalds consumption.

25zgvbb.jpg