Note to New Members ×

Do not believe Borat

willywhit

Borat = Ali G = Bruno fashionista (my personal favourite, a gay Austrian fashion VJ type character, whose story was just sold to be made into a film for next year for about $40m USD I think).

His performance in USA is a bit more cringeworthy than in UK (where he did it first) simply because he is more outrageous in what he can get people to say.

I asked the Kazarkstan Ambassador here what he thought, and the guy spewed expletives for a while about Borat. Most of what Borat says apparently is actually Polish.

'the feeling is tight, like man anus' yes indeed some classic lines; the British one where he asks why he cannot do poo in a urinal is just beautiful.

Cannot wait for the film, even if some of it is reruns.

Throw the jew down the well is a great song; I assume most people watching udnerstand the significance that he is able to get people to say stuff like this; however Ali G got pulled in UK even though he was obviously a white person pretending to be black, because some Black people felt he was taking the pi$$.

One of my roomates is polish and he said the same thing about all the things he says is mostly polish. Its also a mix of Romanian and some Russian.

Borat is not actually Ali G, its Sasha Cohen, a Jewish, Ukrainian, Israli, Brit. Good mix i suppose.

Seeing the movie in only a few hours!!!

A bunch Off the Aussis had The Ali G and Borat DVDs.. They are all so funny. I spent hours laughing my asss off. Its to bad everyone it so upset about being made fun of. They are called Jokes.

Funny That Pres. Bush met with the Kasbackistan(SP) Pres to disscuss the negitive impact Borat the movie may have on the country of Kasbackistan.

Please let us know how the movie is..

I'd never seen the Ali G show before and have no idea why the Comedy Channel hasn't picked it up. After watching 3 DVDs of the show the other night at a buddy's house I looked up some of his stuff on youtube and he's a riot. This is one of my favs:

Saw part of the screener for Borat the other night and it's brilliant, you're gonna bust a gut, Gleb.Borat was on Conan again last night but not quite as funny as the last visit. HIGH FIVE !!! Go Sacha !This video has been removed due to copyright infringement.

I'd never seen the Ali G show before and have no idea why the Comedy Channel hasn't picked it up. After watching 3 DVDs of the show the other night at a buddy's house I looked up some of his stuff on youtube and he's a riot.

His show aired on HBO a few years ago. Episodes come up every once in a while on HBO Comedy or on HBO-On Demand. I read somewhere that Da Ali G show is on hiatus. Hopefully we'll get some new episodes in the next year or so. Although I think with all of the publicity, people are catching on to his schtick.

Here's his SNL intro from last Saturday night: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/

I've never seen it here, but I used to laugh until my sides ached watching it in NZ. I just love the deadpan expression when he says something totally outrageous, it just makes it.

it comes on Showcase alongside such classic programs as Trailer Park Boys, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Kenny VS Spenny :biggthump

it was funny, he has some big cojones for pulling some of those stunts. one problem is that some of the funniest scenes are not that surprising b'/c they're in the TV preview.

most outrageous scene involved the mortgage bankers (don't want to spoil it). you'll know when you see it.

enjoy.

My wife and I have been watching the Da Ali G show for years now. I was in Mammoth 3 winters ago and HBO was doing some sort of promo for the show in the parking lot at the main lodge. It was 30 degrees outside and Ali G (whom I had know idea who he was) had a pimped out limo with some turn tables in the trunk and was "rapping", kind of, saying all kinds of crazy stuff. He had 5 topless girls in G strings shaking there booties! Right in the parking lot at Mammoth. IT WAS INSANE! My buddy and I had our eyes popping out of our heads and jaws on the floor in disbelief at what we were witnessing. We watched for about five minutes then left for some weird reason, I have no idea how long they let it go on.

Borat the movie is really funny, there were a few times I was laughing really really hard. Go see it. And don't be a stick in the mud. I only saw 1 couple leave, they were older, 50's probably.

"She looks like she has tight anus of 7 year old boy" HAHHAAHAHAHAHAa

the movie was really good. During some of his skits were defintly staged that involved other people but most were defintly not.

If you've seen most of the specials and previews, there won't be too many suprizes in the movie but regardless, still defintly worth the ticket price.

But does it live up to the hype? I don't think so.