Note to New Members ×

what I did 9/23/06

ak_rider

just thought i'd make some people angry and show you how I enjoyed this past weekend at Loveland Pass. It was good until the gapers started showing up. I mean, what would possess a person who can barely stand up to go out in the backcountry, even if it is right next to the road.

I can sum up the conditions in one word, ROCKS, but it was still sick!!!!

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/ak_snowkat/?action=view&current=Picture030.flv

just thought i'd make some people angry and show you how I enjoyed this past weekend at Loveland Pass. It was good until the gapers started showing up. I mean, what would possess a person who can barely stand up to go out in the backcountry, even if it is right next to the road.

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m1/ak_snowkat/?action=view&current=Picture030.flv

Where is the smiley indicating that I want to stab you with a spork? :smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

:biggthump

This is why we all need a rock board in our quiver :AR15firin

Snow not coming soon enough :eplus2: El Nino :AR15firin

If you really want to be upset consider this.

I live 20 minutes from glacier park and could do that all summer if I felt the urge and gasp :eek: I haven't ever found the time. Plus I am not all that into the self powered lift thing. walking back up sucks:cool:

glad someones enjoying themselves though:1luvu:

I'm guessing he drove shuttles to the top. I'm too lazy to even do that!

:angryfire well you guessed wrong on soooo many levels. first i'm not a dude(that's right, girls do snowboard, and we're good at it too). second no i didnt drive shuttles to the top(it's called hitch hiking) and i also didnt drop from the road like you front rangers like to do. I hiked, actually exerting energy on the way up, and rode some early season snow and thought some others here would enjoy seeing it. so if it wouldnt be too much trouble(i do realize you're a self proclaimed lazy person) i'd appreciate it if you'd keep your ignorant comments to yourself. :AR15firin

Is that possible with hardboots? I don't enjoy even walking the packing lot in my Indys lol. Guess softies e.g. are best for something like this.

i did this day in softies, i dont have a HB rock board, but it's actually not too bad to hike in HB, especially when it's steep and hard packed or for mountaineering. when you kick steps in HB's you actually have a solid platform to stand on. but i'd say this advantage only applies if you're into hiking in the first place, if it's not your thing it'll be miserable no matter what's on your feet.

Yeah, I can see now how steep and hard would favor HBs. That's beyond my skills though lol. I'm just a trail runner/hiker in the foothills of the Appalachians. Beautiful country in its own right, and where I grew up, but I still envy such a backyard as yours.

Girls snowboard? And hike too?! I'm shocked, absolutely shocked! :) Seriously though, give the dude a bit of a break. I don't think he intended any malice by it (both assumptions). I know I'd certainly hitchhike if I had the chance, well, ofttimes. :) I can certainly see how special it would be to board a mountain after hiking it. Sure is a lot more affordable than heliboarding lol. :biggthump

Edit: If I ever did consider a serious hike-boarding excursion, I would probably consider going for these puppies: http://www.climb.co.at/e.htm

I don't think he was being mean just slightly nearsited. the pictures were obviously of a cultured sophisticated western woman:1luvu: those eastern boys don't know what they are missing:D I personally envy you the ride down but as I said before the hiking back up is not my thing.

No malice intended here either, but I assumed you were a guy too, especially with size 32 boots. Relative to the people around me on average, both men and women, I have big feet (mondo 29, 12 US). I've never met a woman with feet bigger than mine, well, at least not since i hit puberty...

Didn't pick up on any sarcasm here...maybe it's there, but not apparent. I believe 32 (thirtytwo) would be a reference to the boot manufacturer :smashfrea

ak_rider - YOU'RE A TEASE :p In the words of Napoleon Dynamite..."Lucky!"

Yay. That's niiiice.

If you hike up, you've earned the ride down, the way I see it.

Simon

but september 15 in steamboat, up on buffalo pass. sorry no vids of the good stuff, but heres some little park rats in action, shot by a girl here on campus. there are two vids, scroll down for the longer one.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=31855385

no, it's not my myspace page, so don't hold me accountable for anything else.

i was more offended by the assumtion that i just drove people up the pass and didnt actually hike. i'm often mistaken for a teenage boy when in full snowboard garb,(maybe it's the baggy pants and 21" wide duck stance)but it's ok, because no one ever thinks i'ma guy when i'm out at the bars afterwards ;)

thanks for the props on the mittens mario. i saw em and just had to get em. and 32 is the boot company, i'm a mere mondo24 in boot size