Note to New Members ×

Timberline Sep 16

Mike T

I'm still planning to ride on Timberline's 06/07 "opening day", anyone interested in joining me?

I'll be driving up from Bend that AM and returning right after riding. Could take another person or two if anyone else is interested. Not expecting much in the way of conditions - dirty snow, lava chunks, one lane, but hey, it's snowboarding in September in the northern hemisphere.

I'll be in a silver helmet, on either a Burton FP 157 or a old Donek Incline 168 depending on how firm or soft the snow is.

If the weather looks to be better on the 17th I may switch days.

Chance of SNOW for tomorrow @ Timberline!!!!!!

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/total_forecast/index.php?wfo=pqr&zone=orz011&fire=orz607&county=orc005&dgtl=1&lat=45.329583333333&lon=-121.70625

32 degrees with frost on my rooftop in Bend this AM. No dustin on the mountains though. I'll bring my camera tomorrow AM because it loos more likely :)

.... mixed bag all day. Sun on Palmer early on, and then it got socked in. There was some fresh to be found but it was very heavy and sticky. Not good carving snow at all. The grooming was, as is usual for this time of year at TLine, rather uneven. I split the day betwwen my two rock boards - an Incline 168 and a FP 157. I went over the bars twice on the FP due to patches of deep dense snow I couldn't see but am just fine. I left when visibility got really bad on Palmer around 1 o'clock.

There's still a good amount of snow up there and you can do the full length of Palmer without hitting anything if you are careful. I wouldn't advise a big-radius deck on the lower portion as the canyon is narrow. If you find a stash of fresh it IS hiding rocks.

I'd say sunny days will be better for riding than fresh snow days at this point because the'yre grooming everything that has good coverage and any fresh will just hide the rocks. And please don't bring your best decks!