Note to New Members ×

Mt Bacehlor season pass price - holy geez!

Mike T

I don't know how practical it is, but you can buy an Alpine Meadows season pass for $780 - unltd, no restrictions. It is valid every day at Bachelor. The catch is you have to go to the special tix office (the little bldg in the parking lot where they have lockers) and exchange it for a day ticket each day. The good news about that is you can then sell that day ticket in the parking lot if you quit early - or give it away and make someone's day.

You'd save $50 by doing that. You'll spend that on gas though when you drive down to pick up your Alpine pass at the beginning of the season.

if you got caught doing that you would be out a season pass and possibly charged with TOS if that state has TOS laws that are applicable

Just figured I'd mention that since it used to be my job to bust people doing that.

Bob, you are such a buzzkill. :)

Just curious. I understand that selling a ticket might be considered theft of services. It doesn't make sense, but since it says so right on the ticket, its hard to argue.

However, if you give away a ticket to someone, does the same thing apply? And who would be in trouble? Both parties? The recipient, or the donor?

I often give away my day ticket to people in the parking lot of I'm leaving early and they look deserving. Since I'm often on first chair, its not unusual for me to leave just after lunch.

$199 season pass gets you weekdays from Sunday afternoon at 3 pm through Friday close. March 1, it's 7 days a week. It fits my usual schedule to a tee, and if I need to ride a Sunday, I just fork over the $48 for the day. Or go to Mt. Baker... or wherever I want.... or the backcountry. My options are always open that way. 10 days last season there works out to $20 a day for a pretty decent place. And left me spending money to go elsewhere.

Lee, I think you have officially replaced me for "smarmy comment guy." Just seems that lately youre posting a lot of snotty responses. Why?

Mike has a family and a job. Working for Mt Bachelor is not feasible. They dont pay for ****, and its a 20 mile drive each way.

Mike...I hate to say it, but the pass prices are just gonna keep going up. Although...arent they available late spring for like $600?

Lee, I think you have officially replaced me for "smarmy comment guy." Just seems that lately youre posting a lot of snotty responses. Why?

-chuckle- its all your fault.

nah, really, i dont intent to come out as a smart aleck, as much as you are. more likely, just being myself. :biggthump

EDIT: Actually, I just checked all of my recent posts... they are way more "minor" as opposed to yours! :)

Bachelor doesn't do the "cheap deal in speing" thing. The sticker shock has worn off. Have no fear, I will be buying my pass (and for the wife and daughter - it;s worth $59 to not have to stop at the tix window for her). The Meadows 4x4 is a great deal but I would never make it up there often enough to make it worthwhile. Maybe sometime in the spring if Superbowl is open but I'll just get a day ticket for that.

Even at the higher prices I'll easily ride for welll under $20 a day unless (knocking on wood) I have downtime due to injury or illness. I lost 6 weeks of last season to illless and still got 60 days :biggthump

yeah...you and greg and jack and even bryan who lives 3 hours away DEFINITELY get your moneys worth on the passes!

I just looked at the link, and...the lowest was $699...did you miss that deadline? If so Id be a bit surprised, actually...I mean...living there and all?

If so Id be a bit surprised, actually...I mean...living there and all?

Not to rub it in, mind you, but that's swarmy comment/question. :)

and say, d-sub, i wonder if you do miss bend, oregon, despite the incident (stolen boards) ??

I myself went thru Govt Camp recently during my trip to Washington for Hare Scrambles off road motorcycle race. It got me very sentimental, and I was laughing when I saw seeing all those kids donnin' the snowboard gears/goggles this time of the year, which I did just that "oh-my-goodness-its-been-that-long?" about almost 8 years ago. I dont want to move back, that's for sure, but I certainly do miss the elements of living in Govt Camp.

swarmy? no. no it wasnt. the word I used was smarmy. but anyway (come on Lee...let it go)

yes. I miss bend. very, very much. There is a lot of good about that place, but...at the same time...it may well become everything Im trying to run away from, including the hill screwing people left and right with pass price increases, lift closures etc. Ive never seen a mountain close lifts so often, and with so few lifts it makes a big difference

that said..even the town...man..the politics there are ridiculous. WAY too many liberals whining about everything...wanting free busses, blah blah blah, and the real estate feeding frenzy turned me off no end.

but...the west side is a gorgeous place and I miss it. In fact...I still think about going back and settling there...once real estate settles back down maybe.

me and oldsnowboards might have to get out the gloves and spar a few, but hey... ;)

yeah...you and greg and jack and even bryan who lives 3 hours away DEFINITELY get your moneys worth on the passes!

I just looked at the link, and...the lowest was $699...did you miss that deadline? If so Id be a bit surprised, actually...I mean...living there and all?

That's a non-holiday pass. The cheapest full pass is $829. The non-holiday pass isn't good from 12/16 - 1/1... that's a lot of lost riding! Last season the lines were not even that bad during the holidays especially if you got off the front side.

but...the west side is a gorgeous place and I miss it. In fact...I still think about going back and settling there...once real estate settles back down maybe.

Dude, the real estate market is DEAD in Bend these days. Houses are sitting on the market and even being taken off the market because nobody is buying. If you look I'm sure you could find a must-sell situation and take advantage of it.

oh jeez. I missed that part. non-holiday is new?

I think the early season was $610 when I was there. Of course I paid full price due to indecision and not getting to Bend until thanksgiving.

man...they're just gonna keep raping you guys. Captive markets SUCK.

maybe someone will come along and open another decent resort somewhere nearby ;)

Dude, the real estate market is DEAD in Bend these days. Houses are sitting on the market and even being taken off the market because nobody is buying. If you look I'm sure you could find a must-sell situation and take advantage of it.

No kidding? The RE market was real -HOT- when I was living in Govt camp back from 98 to 01. What happened ?

****.l..I missed that post

mike...we must be looking at different things...I search MLS regularly and I still see the same bull----...

havent looked in a while though with all the chaos that has been my life lately. maybe I should check again.

Prices are getting me down a bit this year, too. The Big Sky, MT / Moonlight Basin all-mountain pass is up to $1299 this year (if bought by end of Sept. otherwise it's $1399). You can save by only going with the Big Sky pass, since it's the main mountain, but Moonlight has some great runs as well and I have friends with cabins on that side of Lone Mountain, so it's nice to have passes over there, too. Next year I might only go Big Sky and then just buy day passes for the Moonlight side as needed, but this year we went for it and got them for all mountain since we just moved here and it will be our first winter as "locals" rathers than vacationers.

Still rather pricey. Maybe they should change the spelling of Lone mountain to Loan mountain.

mike. that sort of ridiculous pricing is what Im seeing a lot of. When it levels out, maybe...

still no real pool hall there, is there? I think I could do well opening one.

Chad...I have a friend that lives/owns in Bozeman. He's getting the dual pass this year...if you have any interest I could put you in touch with him.