Note to New Members ×

Spam posts

Derf

Like some of you have noticed, we have been getting some spam here on BomberOnline. Some reply to them, some ignore them. But there is a simple solution to get rid of them faster (and make BomberOnline a happy fun place :biggthump )

There are several icons around the message that you read. report.gif is one of them. It is the button to report bad posts. Just a click, then enter a reason, and Fin will get rid of it.

I would have put it in the FAQ section, but I don't have the privilege. :nono:

Thanks Derf. Actually that button sends a report to all the moderators, and the first one to see the spam will take care of it. A big thank you to all the people who use it, we couldn't keep on top of it without everyone's help. Fin has turned on the visual registration confirmation code, so hopefully this will die down somewhat. It's discouraging to realize that there are human beings (not computer programs) who are manually registering to spam us. To the spammers, I simply say e.s.a.d.

:nono:

We need to rechange the authenication of users to sign up for this forum. Apparently the recent spammer was able to get on this forum easily and spammed Banana Republic and those tires, both $500 dollars. Im not too happy about it. Its already bad enough in the emails, and now forums (which is quite old, if i may add, problem) ?

:flamethro

EDIT: Wow, fin's real lightening fast to delete those posts less than a minute. Go figures, we all are hardbooters and we all love to go -fast-!!

post-97-14184221874_thumb.gif