Note to New Members ×

Anyone been to T-Line lately?

Galen

Galen, plenty of folks up there, just not many locals is a safe bet.

If you are considering going up next week , early in the week. Email off BOL, one of the guys from the UK is considering it. I am not really interested unless I find a cheap ticket. Not really worth almost 70$ a day in ticket and gas to mix it up with the campers. I admire your sticktoitiveness ! your core dude!

Not core, just jonesing and lazy...if I was really core, I'd drive up to Chinook Pass or the N. Cascades highway and earn some turns. :o I go to the rock gym, even have a Carveboard, just doesn't "do it". I"m in bad shape, it's only july and I'm ordering a custom deck from Sean. :lol: I need a sponsor..."Hi, I'm Galen, I'm a snowboarder, and I've been snowber for 2 weeks". :D

Heard from a friend, conditions are still good. Public Park is very impressive. Same mid morning crush on week days. Saturday is probably best bet for missing the camps. Try to be on Palmer "Mid Way" by around 9:30am or 10am at the latest. Stay up there until the lines clear. Several World Class Alpine riders have been sighted last week including Ross R. and Mike J

Note to locals. Alan from the UK is likely headed up in the am. Please show him around if you are there. :biggthump

Weather looks good.

Not core, just jonesing and lazy...if I was really core, I'd drive up to Chinook Pass or the N. Cascades highway and earn some turns. :o I go to the rock gym, even have a Carveboard, just doesn't "do it". I"m in bad shape, it's only july and I'm ordering a custom deck from Sean. :lol: I need a sponsor..."Hi, I'm Galen, I'm a snowboarder, and I've been snowber for 2 weeks". :D

I just ordered a deck from Sean too - 180 Tucker GS 04 Olympic. What're you getting?

I just ordered a deck from Sean too - 180 Tucker GS 04 Olympic. What're you getting?

Got something to fit between my 168 Coiler PR and 160 SL. It's 164, 19cm waist, 11m sidecut. All the specs fall almost exactly between the 2 boards, only this ones made for my weight instead of the 25 over/under the PR and SL were made for. got the Oly upgrade too. 180 GS?...I smell NASTAR.:biggthump Thanks for the update bryan, anything left on the mile? wanna make sure the girlfriend and her daughter have something they feel comfortable on. Oh yeah, what's up with the OSB forum, been down lately? Back to my training regimen...high impact couch surfing and a strict glaze donut and Pez diet :barf:

Mike, Greg has my Tucker 186cm/ 15m SCR. Sweet board that is damp yet still hooks up when you charge. It is a really good all around carver. Scott has good taste in specs. IMO

180 GS?...I smell NASTAR.

I do plan to so some racing on this one, but mainly I wanted something halfway in between my 175 FC1 and my Coiler PR 188 for freecarving purposes. The 188 is too much for me to handle in all but the gentlest of NASTAR courses, and I still after two seaosns on it feel some trepidation about taking it on crowded runs. This one will roughly split the different in both sidecut and length. I really like the way my 175 FC1 Olympic feels so I'm doing that again. Can't wait - hopefully the seaon starts off strong!!!

Mike, so did you go custom, or is it a stock board? wish we could get solid colors on the olympics, none of the metalics caught my eye. I changed my mind 3 times in about a minute talking with sean, went with the black race print at the last moment. do I notice the color of my board while riding....?nope. I'd love to thrash down a nastar course next year. :eek:

Mike, so did you go custom, or is it a stock board? wish we could get solid colors on the olympics, none of the metalics caught my eye. I changed my mind 3 times in about a minute talking with sean, went with the black race print at the last moment. do I notice the color of my board while riding....?nope. I'd love to thrash down a nastar course next year. :eek:

Does Sean offer a "Bumper Strip" around the edges? That would be a great feature on YOUR boards :smashfrea :lol:

I went stock. I knew I wanted ~14m sidecut, and there are a whole bunch of choices in that sdiecut so Sean and I chose one. For me, the Olpympic upgrade offers a lot of value... having ridden my FC1 175 Oly for a season, it's extremely confidence-inducing and has a way of making bad grooming seem not so bad. I've not ridden the FC 175 in particular w/o Olympic but I have ridden the FC 171 (two different examples) w/o it and the difference was huge to me.

Does Sean offer a "Bumper Strip" around the edges? That would be a great feature on YOUR boards :smashfrea :lol:

Dude, you have an unhealthy relationship with your "tinkler". Must cost you a small fortune on Bomber Butter :AR15firin :lol: :barf:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm jonesing pretty hard but not ready to pay $80 for tix + gas either... truth is, between my Loaded longboard, raod bike, mtn bike and paddling I'm keeping busy.

I've been itching to get up there too!!!

I'll be in the land of recreation next weekend (Bend) I'll give you a call Mike!

Another Donek in the family? Jeezus!!

Ed

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I'm thinking about going out there to Timberline in a couple weeks. How's the snow coverage on the mountain? Anyone been riding up there lately? Anything good to report? I'm just missing the snow a little bit here in Utah, and I'd like to get out of the 90 degree weather.

Hey guys! I'm thinking about going out there to Timberline in a couple weeks. How's the snow coverage on the mountain? Anyone been riding up there lately? Anything good to report? I'm just missing the snow a little bit here in Utah, and I'd like to get out of the 90

degree weather.

Locals Links Here

Current Condition at T-Line

Fire on the mountain right now.

My Last Day at T-Line Gallery

PS. It has been 90 here allot too! Keep that in mind.

Driving or flying??

Bryan

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the links and the info Bryan! I'll definately keep an eye on the fire and everything before I make any firm plans. I'd fly out there, kinda far and expensive to drive out there right now.

Perhaps you can give us an update of what you saw when you visited?

I'm thinking of heading up to TLine on Saturday 9/16 for some turns. Summer season is over and the crowds will be gone. I'll be bringing my rock board. Can I interest anyone else?

I admire your drive Mike.

I think if a few other locals can be gathered, I might go and call it a "Party On The Palmer" , I don't hold out for much in the way of conditions. The "Postage Stamp" is all that is left.

The Fly in the web cam is just too good.

I admire your drive Mike.

I think if a few other locals can be gathered, I might go and call it a "Party On The Palmer" , I don't hold out for much in the way of conditions. The "Postage Stamp" is all that is left.

The Fly in the web cam is just too good.

Yep, wasn't expecting much in the way of conditions. If both upper and lower Palmer were rideable with a rock board I would be ecstatic. I like doing the lower half of the run for these pre-season days, helps me get back into the flow. I bet it will be OK as long as I don't care about my board, which I don't - it's already trashed.

But there's nothing like an early day at TLine to tell me what my workout routine should be for the fall :biggthump