Note to New Members ×

AAAAAAAAAAAagggggghhhhhhhh!

skatha

I was wondering if there were any other Steeler fans out there...I'm one too (a big one) living in Boston, MA...if I have one more a-hole co-worker come up to me laughing.....

Skatha, the more articles I read the worse it looks. They're bringing in plastic surgeons :(

My hubby just had an open leg fracture in November-could be Ben does too....Plastic surgeon had to free muscle flap/skin graft the hole closed after the orthopod put the plate and screws in

If so, this season is probably gone-Sam was off his leg completely for 3 months and will be having his flap graft shaved flat sometime this summer...

Supposedly, he was talking post op, so his noggin is okay...

edit at 1622 CDT-fractured nose and jaw...

he'll be playing this year!

funny but sad thing is that his life insurance wouldn't have covered him with what happend. Most pro athletes have clauses that if they get hurt doing something stupid (riding without a helmet) then it voids their insurance. Glad he is going to be aright though.

Welcome to bomber angie. havent seen you around. Glad we got more boston people here.

Thanks. I've been around since ECES in March, but I'm more of a silent member :o

The latest I heard (from all the Boston Steeler fan emails I've gotten) is that the pentalties of the contract for doing something [really, really, really] stupid like this only apply IF he doesn't make it to training camp, which is looking hopeful now. There's another update coming out later today I'm interested to hear.

I grew up in the 'Burgh and moved to Boston 3 years ago, so I've been a life long Steelers fan...proven by the amount of paraphanalia in my cube. I have to admit though, I'm not the number 1 Ben supporter. I'm of course glad he's ok, but I hope he really does learn a lesson and gets some humility from this episode (and I also hope he continues to play, so the Steelers have a shot at Ring 6 :rolleyes: )

Skatha, how are you a Steelers fan in Texas?

funny story invovling stealers.

I was on the way back from a school trip from Costa Rica and we had to go through customs in pittsburgh. They sent me through some bag check thing and i forgot i had a cuban cigar in my bag. The guy told me he isn't going to take it from me but he wanted me to smoke it when the steelers beat the pats. So I kept my promise. This was 2004 i believe. The pats won pretty much all their games, except against the steelers. So me and my friends, in honor of that customs agent lit that cigar up. It was just weird that the pats beat almost everybody cept got blown out by the steelers (34-20).

I'm defintly not a steelers fan though. I always liked Broncos and Pats. Can't wait till next season because that means snow is right around the corner at wachu.

espn.com has useful info on motorcycle clauses (or the lack thereof) in pro sports contracts.

this guy is riding a bike- a hayabusa nonetheless, w/o a helmet?#! oh , and he's a pro athlete too? if that right thtere isn't proof he has nothing in his actual skull to protect, just his body, i don't know what is. of course I wouldn't wish a crash on anyone, but i don't feel overly sorry for him, as he is the absolute last guy who should be riding a superbike w/o a helmet.

Actually there are a lot of Steeler fans in Houston-funny given the history between the Oilers and the Steelers....

I'm a huge football fan and I grew up in Fort Worth. I grew up cheering for the Cowboys, including the truly classic 70's teams-those SBs between the Steelers and the Cowboys....wow....

I grew to respect the Steeler organization there....I mean, how can a fan of the game not respect the Rooney family and their loyalty, Chuck Noll and what he did....Bill Cowher...

And the players, Bradshaw, Stallworth, Swann, Lloyd and Woodson...Troy...

I have season tix to the Texans and I like 'em, too, at least I'm trying to...

The game with the Steelers was a treat to watch.....

Steelers-great organization

Cowboys, yeah, I still like 'em, but the ownership is slimy and every year, there's something to make me cringe(T.O. now)

Texans-what direction are they going? McNair is classy and maybe Kubiak is the way to go but passing on Reggie Bush? Not trading down for a defensive player on nobody's top 4 picks? The Texans don't have the interest of the people of Texas and, with Bush at N.O. and N.O. already having a fan base in Houston before 1/3 of New Orleanians moved here-they're in real danger of losing the Houston market....

Let's just say, when I wore my fleece pullover the days before and weeks after the SB, nobody said anything but "cool"

For Sale: Roethlisberger Replica Helmet

This was actually on eBay today. Someone created an auction for this authentic Ben Roethlisberger Replica Motorcycle Helmet.

I picked one up and would be willing to part with it for a mere $150.00. It is in the box and ready to ship (photo below). Please paypal me the money.

:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea:smashfrea

p10left.gif

:lol: :lol:

If you are going to ride a motorcycle, wear a helmet and full leathers you stupid, stupid people. :nono::nono:

Live hard die young. Ex nfl great John Matuzak is the actor in question. He played as hard off of the field as on, and burnt the candle at both ends as well as the middle.The "Tooz" would never be caught riding a motercycle with a helmet.