Note to New Members ×

Tinkler 175cm "Complete Split System"

Now, I have to order another one!! :1luvu:

Nice with that shorter, less stiffer sticks.

Greets, Hans.

Exactly. The fiberglass "Snow Stix" are ideal for the shorter / softer lengths.

Although I typically ride the longer lengths, I definitely want to give something like this a go. Mike has said he will likely be building a few "Demo" boards for the upcoming season. I think this should be one of them.

what's the "split system?"

sweet board...what does it have that the earlier ones didn't?

The length, although Mike has built shorter standard boards. I.E. Rosey's boards are shorter. However the "Complete System" boards have all been over 185cm.

A system that includes: Split tail + Driver Plate + Snow Stix.

The boards in this gallery are all "Complete Split Systems" except the "Anton" and "Ryan".

Now, I have to order another one!! :1luvu:

Nice with that shorter, less stiffer sticks.

Greets, Hans.

Hans, glad you ordered when you did. The orders are quickly filling the summer "Build" season. There are only a few more that can be built with the promise of shipment prior to the season start. I am trying to figure away to get my next board in there.

Unknown, Sorry, I am not all that knowledgeable about racing.

Split-tail boards and driver plates including "derby flex style" I would guess the answer is yes. Only because they have been used in World Cup racing for years.

Someone else associated with racing would have to answer this question.

Lee-

this setup should be comletley legal for racing. I believe the boards must be at least 16 cm at the waist (check with Phil Fell) and binding angles must be less than 75 degrees. that is the parameters for racing boards right now...

again, double check before purchase, but i'm fairly certain these are the crucial parameters that ussa would check.

-neil

Ahh, 175cm/17.5cm!

This looks defiantly interesting. Not sure if I would go with the Snow Sticks for this shorter Tinkler version, but probably depending on riders weight pretty helpful… The Split tail and Titanal driver plate sounds great.

Hi Ray,

I own a Tinkler 203 and I'm really stoked with it but I wanted a board claiming these crowded weekends so I e-mailed Mike and Bryan and we ended up with this 175/17.5 board.

I'm approx. 175lbs and Mike informed me that these snow stixs are optional and I desided to have them for a few bucks more and see how the board rides with or without them. Living in EU, if I had to order them severally they will cost me much more. Besides I liked the idea of having them on when Mike mailed me about them.

The only thing that I didn't have a clue was for the split tail but I find it very interesting, especially if it works so good as on my 203 then I think I have all the parametres for another super board. :biggthump

Thanks, Aris.

Hi Ray,

I own a Tinkler 203 and I'm really stoked with it but I wanted a board claiming these crowded weekends so I e-mailed Mike and Bryan and we ended up with this 175/17.5 board.

I'm approx. 175lbs and Mike informed me that these snow stixs are optional and I desided to have them for a few bucks more and see how the board rides with or without them. Living in EU, if I had to order them severally they will cost me much more. Besides I liked the idea of having them on when Mike mailed me about them.

The only thing that I didn't have a clue was for the split tail but I find it very interesting, especially if it works so good as on my 203 then I think I have all the parametres for another super board. :biggthump

Thanks, Aris.

Hi Aris,

Makes sense the way you did it… price wise.

I was just thinking the Sticks would probably work for the longer boards like 185cm and up.

A 175cm board built for a 175lbs rider is not to extreme in terms of lengths and weight. Pretty average I would say. I would expect such prime custom job to turn out to be perfect in flex for my weight, without the need of adjusting the sticks...

I am always open for new designs and ideas, so please help me to understand. What am I missing?

Tell me about your experience with the Split Tail. What do you think is the advantage over a traditional tail?

Thx

Ray

For me main benefit of sticks is that i can adjust board based on slope conditions and ride style i want use. They are killer fun to use and test different settings on different surfaces.

I agree completely with this statement. Although I have been riding a number of different Tinkler models this season. My first 203cm is often the board of choice when the conditions are either mixed or changing. Being able to "Tune" the board to conditions is ideal. Frankly , it often has to do with how I am feeling also. On a "Typical" day, I will start out with the Snow Stix just touching and as I "Warm" up and get a feel for conditions I can "Tune" accordingly. Often cranking them down as I crank my riding up. If that makes sense. The vibration dampening of the Tinkler boards is always very good, being able to vary the flex is a huge bonus. As Mike often says. "Take them away, you will notice and want them back" , I can attest to that. I still continue to ride and experiment with other boards, even going back to my older boards. I often find myself saying, " I wish I was on the Tinkler".

Hi Aris,

Makes sense the way you did it… price wise.

I was just thinking the Sticks would probably work for the longer boards like 185cm and up.

A 175cm board built for a 175lbs rider is not to extreme in terms of lengths and weight. Pretty average I would say. I would expect such prime custom job to turn out to be perfect in flex for my weight, without the need of adjusting the sticks...

I am always open for new designs and ideas, so please help me to understand. What am I missing?

Tell me about your experience with the Split Tail. What do you think is the advantage over a traditional tail?

Thx

Ray

Ray, keep in mind, the "Aris" 175cm was just finished, Aris has not received it yet. We are all anxious to here back about the "Ride" of his 175cm "Complete Split System" . I know that I look forward to giving a similar board a try. Mike was very pleased the way it came out and plans to build another nearly identical board for DEMO. That in it self is a first. As the boards are all "One Offs" built for each individual. Ideally we have talked about having a 195cm, 185cm and 175cm DEMO available in Moderate flex to take to events. The insurance and expense has been a hurdle. Not to mention time to build them. I really look forward to chance to put people on the boards as time passes. Hopefully I will have a selection for this purpose in the upcoming season.

pokkis, which one do you ride/own?

I think I understand the system and think it's helpful for all the reasons you mentioned, but for a longer board. I just have a hard time understanding that a relatively short/long board of 175cm needs such a dramatic adjustment feature, if built correctly to the riders specs/weight ect.

Not saying the system does not work. Please don’t understand me wrong, also no criticism to the system either!

Bryan,

Since this is the first 175cm I guess we all have to wait for some feedback until next season... but assume it will be just great :biggthump

Thx

Ray