Win a Free Donek Snowboard

Donek

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i just thought of it as a way for my friends to show off their creativity (they're graphic design majors, not pros) and i'll be giving them $ for the board they might win. Honestly, my skills in illistrator and photoshop are so poor that i might as well use paint. Well i know how to use photoshop well but not well enough to compete.

i understand barry's concern and frustration. however, i like the idea of getting graphic designers in on this. this gets some amazing designs into the alpine snowboarding industry. I know i could never design a topsheet as nice as that woodie up there, so its all for the better of the riders to have experts handle the situation. If you personally are a great designer, then you personally can enter your design. if D-Sub wins this, he will be happy about his snowboard. and we'll have more great designs on the market. nobody walks away a looser. if you design it and win, not only do you get the joy of a free new board, but the pride in leaving your own mark on the alpine industry. and we still get cool designs.

"your response to my response" doesn't surprise me one bit. i suggest you stop posting so much and try YOUR hand at designing something. perhaps if you did and realized how much work is generally involved for a non-professional to turn something of quality in, you would have more respect for contests/people who actually embrace the challenge themselves. i've said my piece here i have much more important things to do. i hope your friend wins it for you. i guess i'm just way too ideal.

luv,

Barry

ps you don't know me, don't act like you do. and please don't email my personal email either i don't have time to waste responding (as i previously have)

pps Pow " if D-Sub wins this," that's just my point, he isn't winning anything, his friend may though. yeee!!! :1luvu: "friends don't let friends design alpine- they do it demselvz" :biggthump

ppps Sean, sorry for ruffling the feathers of some apparently non creative individual(s). I think very highly of you and your products / services (as you know)

You'll definitely need fulltime medical standby then....... ;)

My GF does this for me :1luvu::biggthump (medical biology major, ex med student, now studies in public health).

and a financial planner :biggthump

Doesn't hiring a financial planner mean spending less on snowboarding and saving more? :p Personnaly, I don't spend enough on snowboarding, but I save a lot.

My GF does this for me :1luvu::biggthump (medical biology major, ex med student, now studies in public health).

And if you break up? Have you made the big investment into a mutual future?

Do you realize cyanide has a almond smell?

Ha...I didn't think so ;)

i always wanted a financial panther. Need anyone to....um...well i don't have anything really special to offer as of yet.

Wait, i can speak russian! Nead anyone to do stuff with that....ya i know, not too useful for snowboard market.

You'll definitely need fulltime medical standby then....... ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: It is niice to have a trauma guru on this board! Now all Donek needs is a lawyer to cover the exposed #sses and the whole endeavor is off the ground.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm very amazed at how few people want a free board. So far I have only received submissions from one individual. If you have e-mailed me graphics and not received a response, I did not get them.

I am opening this up to a wider crowd as well. I have always wanted to offer custom graphics to the non-computer graphic literate artist. I spent the better portion of this morning working on the ability to digitize a hand drawn graphic. The prototype process worked, so I will proceed to a permanent fixture. So those of you wishing their drawings, graffiti, or doodlings could be put on a board, it should now be possible. This involves submitting a full scale (life size) drawing. If this interests you, send me an e-mail or give me a call and I will give you more details.

Sean

your stated deadline is still nearly 2 months away. Dont fret. I know that you have something coming from my side of the continent.

in fact, since someone raised such a stink, Ive been travelling to a friends house to give it a go myself, and I might actually come up with something cool!

then I'll be valid in one guys eyes!

dsub,

re: your above post and very obvious mention to me,

why you have to bring up **** that's already happened back up is beyond my comprehension.

you don't like me i dont' like you i dont' give a ****, please leave it at that instead of tryng to get the last word in and acting immature in general. seriously , man, give us a break. i let you get in the last word in a previous post, please just stop trying to do that

Barry

For Donek -

FWIW, I am not a graphic design oriented person by any means...but for a free board I will sure as hell try. I'm currently working on quite a few different things right now, but I will surely submit something before the deadline - even if it's just a stick figure peeing on a rock. Just wanted to throw that out there - I'm sure it's frustrating on your part to have such a great incentive with little response. How about a board full of smily emoticons like the one's to the right of my screen? :biggthump:flamethro:1luvu: :p :angryfire:barf: :D :freak3: ;) :rolleyes: :ices_ange :lol:

:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

BTW, I love how the little heads puke in a row while I'm writing this, like little round vomiting dominoes. Unfortunatley they all get synchronized once I post - sigh

dsub,

i don't like to stoop down to your level, but why you have to bring **** that's already happened back up is beyond my comprehension.

you doin't like me i dont' like you i dont' give a ****, please leave it at that instead of tryng to get the last word in and acting immature in general. seriously , man, give us a break.

Barry

LMFAO at the lurker! come on, dude. relax. you got INCREDIBLY bitchy and whiny about the whole thing. Think Im not gonna rib you about it?

you think wrong.

wait...who is "us"

Im rousting YOU, and its obvious you were monitoring this thread. You posted how quickly after I did?

I probably wont say anything else...well...maybe not...