Note to New Members ×

Alpine Asymetrical Board Gallery is UP!!

Thank you for the post. I enjoy looking at old equipment since I was riding when all of it came out.(this is my 27th season). I rode cat bindings when they first came out. Way better than my snowpro vario p3's that broke all the time.I rode several asym boards-Kemper apex, Mistral 159 and a Hooger 164. The Hooger and the Mistral reside in Fin's mueseum.I also demoed a Hot Logical and wanted to buy it but didn't have enough money at the time. It is nice to not have to deal with ski screw mounting on boards!

no inner-course? weak.

(kidding)

nice gallery as always

My good friend tex

I am hurt :( , your beloved Lib Tech Innercourse has been in the "Lib-Tech" gallery for a year!! You don't remember?

I have duplicated it in the Alpine Asymetrical gallery just for you :ices_ange

Yes, the Hot Logical is a key board (it too is in another gallery already!, numerous Burtons and another couple dozen are not yet photographed. More sunny days are needed. Your wish is my command! Sha-zam!!!

AS soon as people calm down about the pipe fascination and get back to just having fun going down the hill with grace and class.....(like in europe)...I predict we will see a return for the demand of asyms and some of the well designed old scholl entry level alpine boards(Burton Amp).......thats what I strated out on and got many newbies started on...(legendary 3 strap Torque bindings of course)

how about a section of the museum dedicate dto bindings?????

I never said alpine would overtake freestyle......I know people are brainwashed by board manufacturers to believe they need a huge spoonbill at both ends and a waist width that allows them to stand fully sideways....I think Burton and some of the other companys would come back online and make boards that are easier to learn on and are more entry level carve oriented .Most grommets have no idea what alpine riding is.Ive actually had some kids who like my riding ask me if my asym board was "broken" because of the sharkbite at the tail end........the old scholl design is way easier to learn to ride on than having to fight a big wide nose and huge waist through the hardpack.....maybe out west where you get more powder but not here in the east..... :argue:

• 2 weeks later...