Note to New Members ×

What’s old, is new again...

Emdee406

Bored of how your board looks?
I bought a used board from a racer. The base was in great condition, the top sheet a little scratched, and lots of ‘riser rash’.
So I bought some adhesive carbon-style covering used for cars from Ebay, bought some stickers from the same place...and hey presto, a House of Stark race board. 

Total spend, $25, and 45 mins of my time! 
I’d recommend only doing it on glossy top sheet boards, for better adhesive results. I’ve done this before on brand new boards with graphics I didn’t love. When you peel it off before you resell it, it looks brand new!

60B7C94F-F73C-4BE2-A3AE-7C16F4A4CB90.jpeg

F984AAC1-55C3-4684-AB5B-0864ECDC1408.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Looks nice! 

Add clear nail polish to any sharp corners and anywhere it starts to peel.  Spend some time smoothing any scrapes/dings before application as the vinyl looks awful over even the tiniest of high spots.  I used the soapy-water method (search for it) and it worked dramatically better than I feared.  Boards are child's play compared to things with compound curves, like a car fender/hood.  

I also tried some of the silver carbon-fiber look stuff.  Looks ok but you can see the board graphics through it much more than I expected. 

• Like 1